• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Turf Tire Discussion (opionions, experience, other BS)

TBItoy

So I'm planning on picking up a set of 40" Goodyear Softrac II's from Daniel (gomer pyle), 40x16x16. They'll be going on my Yota buggy maybe, or if I think they are too heavy/big I'll put em on my 1 ton ranger.

So has Anyone ran turf tires all the way around? I've seen em on the rear of buggies and cab trucks, but not f/r.

Seen em cut and uncut. Mostly cut paddle style, but I think I might just try grooving mine instead of full cut.

They look like they will do really good unless the compound is garbage.

So are they tougher than Swampers? I'm running 35 LTBs now and I've knocked the rear tires off the rim bouncing ledges and have never cut one, just air it back up and go.

Something else I've noticed is that sometimes I'll see a rig with turfs on the back, then the next time I see it it'll have TSLs or Boggers ont it? Jimmy Smith's blue single seat buggy is one that i remember seeing like that.

They do real well got a few buggies in our group that swear by them one guy runs them all the way around if you cut them right there hard to beat just my thoughts.

If you can find the right kind of turf tire nothing can beat it as far as price and traction,but I've never seen a 40 inch turf,Idon't know what you have ,maybe some pics could help??????

454tbacon said:
If you can find the right kind of turf tire nothing can beat it as far as price and traction,but I've never seen a 40 inch turf,Idon't know what you have ,maybe some pics could help??????
Look in for sale section under aetna tires

Here are the tires I'm getting from daniel
DSC_0545.jpg