• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Turned down 14B gears?

Guarantee they're not doing it on an edm it would take way to long.If I had to do it I would do it on a mill with a carbide end mill turning slower either on a cnc or use a rotary table on a conventional mill. That would be the fastest and easiest way.And I do agree with you about the interrupted cut being rough on inserts in a lathe.

Elliott said:
Guarantee they're not doing it on an edm it would take way to long.If I had to do it I would do it on a mill with a carbide end mill turning slower either on a cnc or use a rotary table on a conventional mill. That would be the fastest and easiest way.And I do agree with you about the interrupted cut being rough on inserts in a lathe.

I'm not real familiar with an EDM. Didnt think it was a really slow proccess tho?

I think the endmill in a mill w/ rotary table might be the ticket. I might try that when we cut another set... but I could most likely throw it on the old lathe and hit it with a grinder and be done before I got the rotary table out and setup...

Yea a wedm will generally cut a couple of inches an hour, the newer ones might be a little faster but much.they're made for extreme accuracy not speed.really over kill for anything going on a buggy.you would think someone would be offering some offroad style gears by now aka. Tougher and clearanced

Latest posts