• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired "Twisted 40" rock crawler for sale - SOLD

Re: "Twisted 40" rock crawler for sale

BUG-E J said:
I would rather somebody that can "afford" it buy it. Some jack ass that has never had a buggy before gets it and destroys it would be a cryin shame.

This ^

I wouldn't want to see it destroyed either, but whoever buys it can do as they please and no one could stop that, but the idea or selling tickets for this rig is really awesome. Knowing the Offroad community could help a great man's family, heck maybe even more than the asking price would be a true blessing I'm sure. I know I would buy more than one ticket myself and I am sure several people would do the same. I just wish Mrs. King well in all of this, and whatever we as a group can do to speed up the process would probably benefit them. thumb.gif

I know his family and trusted friends will do the right thing. But if some time passes and no one can come up with the cash don't drop the price, seriously consider a ticket raffle. I can't get $50000 but I could scratch together $300 to help out a family in the offroad community.

I totally agree on a sale to the person that would respect the ride, just on the other hand a vehicle raffle would be an awesome concept in the rock bouncing community. Raffle tickets sold until the 50,000 is raised and or exceeded. Money talks though in the END.

I would go for a few tickets,for a great cause.... 500 tickets at 100 each or 250 at 200 each should be no problem... just my thoughts GLWS..

I would absolutely be in... If you do it please send me a pm. Im in Montana and wont be at any events out there this year. I also know several people who would also buy tickets.

Probably have no problem selling this rig being how awesome it is. The possibilty of a raffle could bring in more money. Start it up and sell tickets at most of the big events and raffle it off after the first of the year or so.

BUG-E J said:
I would rather somebody that can "afford" it buy it. Some jack ass that has never had a buggy before gets it and destroys it would be a cryin shame.

I with you on this! I don't really like the idea of a raffle for the pure fact of someone that didnt know Randy will more likely get and not respect it because he/she won it in a raffle for a couple hundred buck. I just think someone that has the time money and respect to honor and take care of such a awesome buggy should own it and not a raffle winner. But that's just my .02 about it. I wish there was some way I could afford this thing to help his family out and know that the buggy would be well taken care of.

May not be a bad idea for somebody to post this to Pirate with some of the backstory? That way it will get some more exposure.

I respect either way, straight sale to someone who will respect the ride or to raffle it off where you make it mandatory to sell 1000 tickets at 100 bucks a piece before you draw the winner. That could go a long way.

The only problem with raffles is getting into lots of legal problems. Raffles are considered gambling in most states. If they decide to do a raffle just be sure to look into the legal side of things so it doesn't become a problem later.

yankster said:
http://www.nals.org/?p=1340
Not legal in Alabama.
Legal in Tennessee with a permit.
Legal in Georgia if ran by a nonprofit like a church. Maybe this is an option.

Good article. Thanks for sharing. I think the raffle is a great idea, but would take a ton of work figuring out the legalities and logistics.

ibrokeit said:
May not be a bad idea for somebody to post this to Pirate with some of the backstory? That way it will get some more exposure.
Well do it then. The taco sale add was epic! :****: