• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Twisted Customs

Beyer

DC1
How does everyone get a hold of them?
I have called for 2 days and the phone is always busy.
I have sent 2 pm's on Pirate to Brian E and 3 emails in the last 2 weeks, still nothing.
Are they on vacation right now or something? :dunno:

Brian is the only one that answers the phone and he is on vacation from Donner through Yellowstone park with his family. If it is super urgent, he will generally email or text me back so shoot me your problem on a PM and I will see if I can get them to deal with it.

Nolen may look like a little guy, but he swings a huge schlong. As I like to say, "dat boy's got PULL!" skully

wngrog said:
Brian is the only one that answers the phone and he is on vacation from Donner through Yellowstone park with his family. If it is super urgent, he will generally email or text me back so shoot me your problem on a PM and I will see if I can get them to deal with it.

Nope, no emergency, just questions about a 6.0 swap.
Thanks for the info guys.
Nolen, do you know any of the details of what what done to your 6.0 before they dropped it in? Pan? Intake? Computer and harness? Headers? Etc.

Beyer said:
Nope, no emergency, just questions about a 6.0 swap.
Thanks for the info guys.
Nolen, do you know any of the details of what what done to your 6.0 before they dropped it in? Pan? Intake? Computer and harness? Headers? Etc.

I have the Twisted Customs gated oil pan. It is cool. Kinda rough looking IMO for the $$, but very functional. YOu won't need an accumulator if you use one, so it is a wash if you were going to buy an Fbody oil pan and then an accumulator.

Intake is all stock 2007 silverado

Conputer and Harness were done through Twisted Customs by Swanke Motorsports out of Minnesotta. They do the same thing as the rest of the guys out there like Jim's Performance etc....

I have Hooker Ceramic Coted headers with a custom Y pipe to a POS 24" glasspack. I just got a Flowmaster Hushmaster ceramic muffler to replace it after this trip.

The mods I have new a 15% gain in horsepower from the stock 330hp......about 50 more HP or 380 hp. More than plenty with my 5.40 gears and 40's. It feels like 800hp with all that gearing.

I highly recommend keeping out of the GenIV motors. They work GREAT like they are and when you start dicking with the cams, heads and stuff you just decrease reliability and driveability on the rocks. The 6.0 truck motor comes on super, super smooth and is a nice solid powerband. No surprises.

I mated it with a 2200 stall in the TH350 and it is awesome.

wngrog said:
I have the Twisted Customs gated oil pan. It is cool. Kinda rough looking IMO for the $$, but very functional. YOu won't need an accumulator if you use one, so it is a wash if you were going to buy an Fbody oil pan and then an accumulator.

Intake is all stock 2007 silverado

Conputer and Harness were done through Twisted Customs by Swanke Motorsports out of Minnesotta. They do the same thing as the rest of the guys out there like Jim's Performance etc....

I have Hooker Ceramic Coted headers with a custom Y pipe to a POS 24" glasspack. I just got a Flowmaster Hushmaster ceramic muffler to replace it after this trip.

The mods I have new a 15% gain in horsepower from the stock 330hp......about 50 more HP or 380 hp. More than plenty with my 5.40 gears and 40's. It feels like 800hp with all that gearing.

I highly recommend keeping out of the GenIV motors. They work GREAT like they are and when you start dicking with the cams, heads and stuff you just decrease reliability and driveability on the rocks. The 6.0 truck motor comes on super, super smooth and is a nice solid powerband. No surprises.

I mated it with a 2200 stall in the TH350 and it is awesome.

Thanks Nolen.
Yeah I figure 380 will be about 80-100 more than I have now, but still with a basically stock motor. I thought about a 5.3 with a cam, but I never have any luck with motors once they have been violated. ::)
Can you PM me what they charge for the oil pan and the computer/harness work?
What size is your exhaust tubing? 2.5" from the headers to a single 3"?

I have there oil pan and it's pretty cool. I like the way it looks sitting in the refrigerator in the shop :eek:
It does have a nice price tag with it though.

$335 for the oil pan with pick up tube and gaskets
$2350 delivered for my motor with 22K miles on it
$125 for a used throttle body to ditch the drive-by-wire
$940 Harness, Computer Flash, Fuel Pump, regulator, filter, fuel rail adapter

looks like they made up for it on the engine delivered pricetag though laughing1

Ouch you guys buy badass spendy stuff... :afro:

wngrog said:
$335 for the oil pan with pick up tube and gaskets
$2350 delivered for my motor with 22K miles on it
$125 for a used throttle body to ditch the drive-by-wire
$940 Harness, Computer Flash, Fuel Pump, regulator, filter, fuel rail adapter

Why ditch the drive by wire? No good? Not sure how that works? What year did they start that?
Does the motor not have a fuel regulator on it? Or did you do another one in-line to be safe?

No external fuel regulator. 2001 was the magic number on drive-by-wire...some like it, I was unfamiliar so I said no to it.

Cole, funny, I did not know I got any deals from them molaugh

P.....I am very happy with that price. You may save $500 shopping it hard, but then you have to get it to South Dakota....