• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Two Piece Drive shaft

I cut down a rear driveshaft out of an extended cab ford with a carrier bearing...works great on the front of my buggy and napa sells the carrier bearing for 30$

cj7-377 said:
about what year truck did it come off of
If you will get ahold Traveler on here, He will make you one. He is making me one now. It is a shaft that is 32 splined on both ends with a heavy duty carrier bearing in the middle. Hope that helps.

i plucked mine outta an 88 ford f250, it was a rear two piece drive shaft, i just cut that down and replaced the carrier bearing with a new napa unit, i picked it up at our local pick a part but im sure there are other year and makes that would work just the same...it works great, i got the idea from Yanksters CSC buggy

Rockwells607 said:
i plucked mine outta an 88 ford f250, it was a rear two piece drive shaft, i just cut that down and replaced the carrier bearing with a new napa unit, i picked it up at our local pick a part but im sure there are other year and makes that would work just the same...it works great, i got the idea from Yanksters CSC buggy

That is bad ass...I have a 88' f 250 at the shop I am fixing to remove the drive shaft and put a short shaft in it and shrink the wheelbase...guees that means I already have the **** for the buggy front shaft then...post a couple pics if you dont mind

88' carrier bearing with housing $18.99 at Autozone with a 1.378" inside diameter
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Timken-Driveshaft-Center-Support/1988-Ford-F250-3-4-ton-P-U-4WD/_/N-iufovZ6o20v?counter=0&itemIdentifier=694661_25132_4959_