• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Two Toyota Questions.

JACKED944RUNNER

Joining the Elists!
1. Has anyone used the revolver shackles? What are your experiences?

2.What year Master cylinders in the Landcruisers had the residual valves in them?

JACKED944RUNNER said:
1. Has anyone used the revolver shackles? What are your experiences?

They are a waste of money. They unload every time you hit the gas. They never open all the way.Oya and they are:rb: too:D

Used them on the rear of my 81 toy once and then took them off. It seemed like they didn't open when they should and then did open when you didn't want them to.

C'mon Jacked......Revolverss are for leafsprings.......:looser: Link it with some coils and be done......:redneck:

Me PSycho?....:D :wtf: Not me.....:innocent: :innocent:

But if you get too soft of leaves you'll end up getting wrap then the links come or a traction bar of some sort?

Not sure about the M/C, but why would ABS make a diff?

Revolvers suck. period. I ran them in the front :wtf: of my 84 years and years ago when I was young and not so experinced. They allow way too much movement in the springs so..........

If you realy like bending springs, waste 160 some odd bucks on revolvers, or however much they are now. and it is 97 w/o abs.

Just put some revolvers on the rear of my rig. Haven't really got to test them out yet. I have noticed that my axle wrap has gotten worse just driving around on the street. Well see how much carnage i experience on the noob run coming up...

I have been running Revolvers in the rear of my toyota for 5 years or so. Once you put some kind of anti wrap bar they work just fine. I have never had a problem witht them unloading or doing anything strange. I wouldn't run in the front. But in the rear they are great. And mine open and close nicely.

the residual needs to be in the brake system when you put disc brake on the rear. it applys just a little presure on the calipers to keep the pads from working outward.