• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Uhaul Box Truck Toterhome...or maybe a School Bus

Re: Uhaul Box Truck Toterhome

The 94 I had , had a 366 tall deck big block and Allison trans. It was govern to 70 mph, but had plenty of power getting up to that and staying there. The cab was just as comfortable as any 90s reg cab chevy truck, and actually wasn't as bad as you would expect on gas. I wouldn't mind getting another and making it work with the buggy I have now.

Re:

Mural what? Ed, you didn't drink the Kool aide today did you?

I figured it out. Read it with a Japanese accent and it makes perfect sense.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Re:

That looks like a decent price on that truck, is it considered an RV?

I'm familiar with the engine, but I don't think I'm interested in a dock height truck with no "mom's attic". The u hauls are a tad bit smaller than that overall also.

I'll probably end up just using dad's hay truck if my big trailer don't sell.

Definitely the cheapest option

pholmann said:
**** moves,did somebody call for some **** moves? Really though that should've been left in a private message. just my opinion.

I really don't see where that was a **** move....now if Ed actually had a for sale ad/thread and I posted something like that on there then that would be a **** move. But I would never do something like that.

I didn't even say anything bad about Ed's truck anyways....I was just trying to help Nick out by telling him to research those motors.

I thought we were boys, mopar man?!?
315beb1e3b62e678589815cb60d3c669.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddyj said:

We are man, seriously! I honestly was not trying to be a ****, just trying to help Nick out.

Eddyj said:

Ok, that pic right there negates your ability to use the phrase, can't hide money or any variation of the phrase such as CHM, towards me ever again. Rollin around with expensive ass fifth wheel rv's that cost more than my house. :****:

Sooooo

School buses are even cheaper than uhaul truck.

I guess with a school bus you'd have to cut the back of the body to make it a flatbed though, kinda defeats my purpose of having a permanent garage for the gremlin.

Or you could get out the redneck fab stretch tool and add a garage door in the back. I wanna see the fuglier, yellower version of this.

52eae1ccc46ab748e2308c4c58961b61.jpg

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
Sooooo

School buses are even cheaper than uhaul truck.

I guess with a school bus you'd have to cut the back of the body to make it a flatbed though, kinda defeats my purpose of having a permanent garage for the gremlin.

Let me see if I can dig it up, someone had a school bus for sale on facebook, that had the rear cap of the bus hinged to open to the side "the hole back of the bus" and had ramps loading a XJ up in it. Talk about redneck toy hauler.

A buddy of mine just posted his school bus for sale on Facebook. He used it at his church to haul Sunday school kids. I don't know a lot of info about it, but he posted it for $3500. It's a Ford B700, not sure what year or mileage though. I don't know if that's a good deal or not, but if you're interested I can try to get some more info for you or put you in contact with him.

I think a box truck would be easier to sell than a school bus when the time came, and a school bus is just ugly as hell. Like see it in the yard and think why the hell did I buy that kinda ugly.

I think a big ass lift gate on the back would be useful too, office furniture company up the street from me has one with a 8 ft long aluminum lift gate on it.

TBItoy said:
I won't be in the market unless my big trailer sells.

I think a Uhaul truck would fit my needs/wants better anyway.

Thanks tho

You're welcome. I agree that a Uhaul truck would probably be a better fit. And a lot easier to convert for what you're wanting to do.