• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

uhhhh.

darius

Shorter than LRZ
So I'm completely buried in this project at work. it is a 98 tj that origionally had an ssbc rear disc conversion.... they didn't work at all, I could put the rear end on jackstands and it wouldnt stop the rear end in high range at idle. after dicking around with that for a bit we decided to swap to a stock grand cherokee rear disc setup. Well with the high hopes of it fixing it..... it didn't. Ive got a rock hard pedal instantly, but the rear brakes arent working still, ive bled and bled and bled. swapped out the mastercylinder and proportioning valve, even tried the stupid bleed the front brakes forever to "re center" the prop valve. I then tore apart the prop valve and manually re set the check valve. weve looked and there is no special master cylinder or prop valve. weve done probably 100 of these conversions and never had this problem. any ideas?

Do you have good line flow if you remove the line from the slave?
Did you check for a bent crushed line?

I'm just saying... :redneck:

A1704.jpg

Two things first are the caliper bleeders up?? Just asking. Second pull the rubber line that goes from the frame to the axle. Remove it at the axle and step on the pedal anything come out? If yes then check more towards calipers if no remove line on frame side and step on pedal... I've seen some of these fail on tjs