• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultimate Adventure Style Ride - Any Interest?

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
I have always wanted to do a long, multi park ride. If planned far enough out, say a year, would there be any interest? It would take a lot of planning and logistics. There could not be many participants, no SxS, and folks that are good at trail repair. Something like this:

Windrock - Thursday and Friday
Golden Mountain - Saturday and Sunday
Adventure Offroad Park - Monday and Tuesday
Private land - Wednesday
Stony Lonesome - Thursday
Gray Rock - Saturday and Sunday (and travel home).

Be a 10-11 day commitment. Not I'll hit this one and that one type thing.

Would be a trailer ride, not a drive your rig ride.

Am I out of my mind, or is something like this possible, other than in a magazine!!!!!

The way my job works now (I work from home) I could make this happen! Would just have to know in advance and not have any points races going on that 10 days.

I would be interested but it would the have to be a Friday night thru the following Sunday morning for 8 actual days of wheeling, that way it would only use 1 weeks vacation.

JohnG said:
I have always wanted to do a long, multi park ride. If planned far enough out, say a year, would there be any interest? It would take a lot of planning and logistics. There could not be many participants, no SxS, and folks that are good at trail repair. Something like this:

Windrock - Thursday and Friday
Golden Mountain - Saturday and Sunday
Adventure Offroad Park - Monday and Tuesday
Private land - Wednesday
Stony Lonesome - Thursday
Gray Rock - Saturday and Sunday (and travel home).

Be a 10-11 day commitment. Not I'll hit this one and that one type thing.

Would be a trailer ride, not a drive your rig ride.

Am I out of my mind, or is something like this possible, other than in a magazine!!!!!
I don't think you're out of your mind .. I just think that your schedule is a little more free than most ... No not mine but most people! Haha. I would actually love this .. Should be the nail in the coffin for my wife leaving me.. Let me know when. I'm down.

I think it sounds awesome! We talked about doing this type of thing a few years ago then sold off various rigs.

I'd be in for it depending on the time of year. I also like the idea of a Friday to Sunday type thing to only use a weeks vacation time.

Although an XJ on 33's with lockers may slow everyone down.

Re:

Hell I dont like wheelin enough to do it for a week straight, much less driving between parks every other day.

I guess I don't see the reward in taking on such an endeavor, vs just visiting all those parks for a weekend each

Re: Re:

TBItoy said:
Hell I dont like wheelin enough to do it for a week straight, much less driving between parks every other day.

I guess I don't see the reward in taking on such an endeavor, vs just visiting all those parks for a weekend each
Sounds like Nick logged into my account again . 8):)

Re:

Well I think the "idea" of it sounds really cool "epic trip" if you will... But the reality of it seems like diminishing returns...

I have a lot of hobbies that I love doing, but never for more than 2-3 days.

I can appreciate John Gs situation/approach to it more though, being retired, and having a nice motor home/enclosed trailer/trail rig that would make the trip enjoyable

John, Johns son and I are down :stir:

In a year, that would give me time to shake out bugs out of the buggy. It is a lot closer to being done than I was last year. I wish I could schedule more wheeling than I do. Recently its been working on projects for the store and trying to sort out future business plans. In a year, I should be done figuring out the future and just living for a while.

I really think Julio should be required on the trip to really make it fun. :dblthumb:

Re: Re:

TBItoy said:
Well I think the "idea" of it sounds really cool "epic trip" if you will... But the reality of it seems like diminishing returns...

I have a lot of hobbies that I love doing, but never for more than 2-3 days.

I can appreciate John Gs situation/approach to it more though, being retired, and having a nice motor home/enclosed trailer/trail rig that would make the trip enjoyable
I would agree if I lived in the same proximity to those parks as you.

With a 4-5 hrs drive to any of those parks, the overall cost should be lost since you aren't adding all those towing miles.

Plus 1+ week might be easiest for many to get off vs 1-2 days for 4-5 weeks.

Downside, I don't know how many rigs could survive a trip like that if you wanted to hit the hard stuff at all of them.

On UA the road days helps to work on rigs. Also they only hit a few trails each place, but they also take a ridiculous size group for a trip like this.

I think it's a cool idea & could probly work out the time next yr but I don't think my rig will be ready in a yr.

Re: Re: Re:

paradisepwoffrd said:
I would agree if I lived in the same proximity to those parks as you.

With a 4-5 hrs drive to any of those parks, the overall cost should be lost since you aren't adding all those towing miles.

Plus 1+ week might be easiest for many to get off vs 1-2 days for 4-5 weeks.

Downside, I don't know how many rigs could survive a trip like that if you wanted to hit the hard stuff at all of them.

On UA the road days helps to work on rigs. Also they only hit a few trails each place, but they also take a ridiculous size group for a trip like this.

I think it's a cool idea & could probly work out the time next yr but I don't think my rig will be ready in a yr.

We've talked about a similar trip around here with a mix of trails: 1 day at URE, 1 day at DPG, 1-2 days at Gulches, 2 days at The Flats, & 2 days at The SHOP.

This schedule wouldn't be pushing it & could handle a slightly larger group and vehicle mix.

I would love to do this. If the dates were right, I am in.

-There should be no reason several rigs couldnt do this without major breakage.
-Obviously the sequence of the parks/driving to each park would allow more/less time for riding, but this is very doable.
-I agree, there can't be 50 rigs on this trip, truly only 7-10

Thoughts?