• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultra4 – Battle in Bluegrass - March 25-26, 2022 @ Dirty Turtle

So all that to say, this event isn't happening which sucks because for a spectator the Dirty Turtle short course is awesome.

The AOP race has been moved back two weeks so I'll get that one corrected.

Discussion related to the Ultra4/MidAmerica/AOE merger can be found here:

Last edited:
I am wondering if they changed back to Rush all of sudden because DTOR is up for sale? Did this new company like Rush better? I can't believe they changed so fast

I am wondering if they changed back to Rush all of sudden because DTOR is up for sale? Did this new company like Rush better? I can't believe they changed so fast
This makes three years in row they have canceled on Dirty Turtle. So I'd guess being up for sale didn't have much to do with it.

In total I think 5 races were out right canceled or moved to a different weekend between the original schedule and new schedule.

Joey Beck (ProRock) is on the MidAmerica management team. He's had a long standing alliance with Rush especially during anniversary weekend.

So for 2021 Ultra4 moved the Dirty Turtle race to Rush to put Ultra4 in front of the anniversary weekend crowd and doing so again this year.

That's just my opinion/thinking on moving it. When I talked to Dirty Turtle about it on Monday after the announcement they were very surprised about the cancellation as well. Said they were 60-70% ready for the weekend already and now having to cancel reservations and miss out on gate fees etc.

Last edited:
It sure is odd that it has happened so many times and it seemed to me that it was a good place to put on a race plenty of parking and areas to view the cars. Who knows what will happen to the whole new outfit. I hope it all works out and they do good with it and really excel but I worry it will be a down hill ride.

It sure is odd that it has happened so many times and it seemed to me that it was a good place to put on a race plenty of parking and areas to view the cars. Who knows what will happen to the whole new outfit. I hope it all works out and they do good with it and really excel but I worry it will be a down hill ride.
Strange for sure in terms of repetitive cancellations. Of course 2020 cancellation was due to COVID, then 2021 was announced then canceled/moved to Rush, and same for 2022.

I always thought it was a good place to watch an endurance race since you could sit in the parking lot and watch short course or go into the woods to watch the hill climbs. I won't go to Rush due to distance, but also lack of viewing areas. Plus I figure it's a cluster to get in there on Anniversary weekend plus Ultra4 racing too.

I'm hoping the new outfit succeeds but they have quite a bit of growing pains/major changes taking over a series after the first race. The 918 race last weekend was pretty good overall and I think it'll be worth a trip out to MidAmerica sometime to watch racing and check out all their amenities. But at 9.5 hours each way, it's not near as easy to checkout as Dirty Turtle or AOP.

Latest posts