• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultra4 vs Rockbouncer Shootout

Re: Ultra4 vs Rockbouner Shootout

Who was that running off at the mouth at the end of that first video, look like that Tom fella was about to punch him in the nose.One thing you don't do in the south is take a mans hat off his head or put yours on his head.That wasn't cool at all

Re: Ultra4 vs Rockbouner Shootout

Elliott said:
Who was that running off at the mouth at the end of that first video, look like that Tom fella was about to punch him in the nose.One thing you don't do in the south is take a mans hat off his head or put yours on his head.That wasn't cool at all

It was Tripp and Tom didn't really care. Wayes is a cool dude and has a good sense of humor.

Re:

I watched nothing but suspension movment. Wayes suspension was dialed in. Plain smooth. Other u4 look too soft, and the bouncer looked too stiff.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Can Mike Bergman get out of his buggy when it is on his top? Just curious because I see that the window net doors swing up toward the roof. I sure would hate to be trapped in one. It's a cool buggy though.

So whats the major difference in a ultra4 buggy vs. a bouncer? Shock tuning? Chassis/suspension design? How long till we see an ifs bouncer???

Bubba1 said:
Can Mike Bergman get out of his buggy when it is on his top? Just curious because I see that the window net doors swing up toward the roof. I sure would hate to be trapped in one. It's a cool buggy though.

I asked the same thing and if its belly up he can get out, also there is a seatbelt cutter right next to him so he can cut the window nets and seatbelt if he needs to along with a fully Fire extinguishing system in the cockpit of the car.

Neal3000 said:
So whats the major difference in a ultra4 buggy vs. a bouncer? Shock tuning? Chassis/suspension design? How long till we see an ifs bouncer???

Ultra4 buggies have way more time put into them as far as prep and time spent tuning. They are made to run for hours on end and not just for a few minutes. I personally think you can take Toms buggy or Shannons buggy and climb anything the bouncers can climb.
Tom Wayes told me yesterday that since King of the Hammers he has over 400 hours of prepping his buggy getting it ready for the upcoming race season.

Cole said:
I asked the same thing and if its belly up he can get out, also there is a seatbelt cutter right next to him so he can cut the window nets and seatbelt if he needs to along with a fully Fire extinguishing system in the cockpit of the car.

Ultra4 buggies have way more time put into them as far as prep and time spent tuning. They are made to run for hours on end and not just for a few minutes. I personally think you can take Toms buggy or Shannons buggy and climb anything the bouncers can climb.
Tom Wayes told me yesterday that since King of the Hammers he has over 400 hours of prepping his buggy getting it ready for the upcoming race season.

Over 400 hours since the first week of February just in prep is crazy to even think about!!!

I remember talking to Shannon Campbell at WE Rock several years ago when he was in that "Rock Bug" with the 300 horsepower 4 banger. Said he had around 30k just in the motor. Straight from the horses mouth. So I'd say budget is also a bit different for some.

ridered3 said:
Over 400 hours since the first week of February just in prep is crazy to even think about!!!

So I'd say budget is also a bit different for some.

Yeah budget is different for sure. The amount of money that was sitting in the parking lot at Superlift this weekend was insane.

[/quote]

To me it's really like John Force against the fastest guy at your local drag strip. Sure it's fast and it's got some power, but there is no competing against that kind of money, r&d, and seat time

Cole said:
took an absolute beating

NO JOKE! What does his drive train look like now? I know he just recently put a new engine in but what is it? Glide trans, monster truck t-case, 14-bolts, 40-spline?

Re: Ultra4 vs Rockbouncer Shootout

That's gotta be the most beaten rig ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see prep time making a big difference in helping you finish the race but not in actual performance during the race if nothing breaks.

What kind of money do the top bouncer rigs have in them? Seems like you can get a top notch straight axle ultra4 car (like Will Carters) for around 100k

Personally i Believe the big difference is the amount of time put into shock tuning and researched and engineered suspension setups.

We already know that a ultra4 car can do all the top climbs, Peter Basler proved that.

They need to make the climbs harder in these shootouts, put some big stuff in that will be hard to do with 39" tires

patooyee said:
NO JOKE! What does his drive train look like now? I know he just recently put a new engine in but what is it? Glide trans, monster truck t-case, 14-bolts, 40-spline?

383 stroker, th400, straight drive, 14 bolts, front axle has Ouverson Knuckles and C's with 40 spline RCV inners and 47 stubs I believe and rear is a stock 14 bolt with rcv axle shafts.

Latest posts