• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

up grading axels in a stock 94 yj

Unless you're building for big power and huge tires I'd forget the 1 ton stuff....

Every 1" lower your diff hangs negates 2" of tire diameter and every few inches wider negates more tire diameter...

For a trail jeep it's REAL hard to beat a d30 8.8 combo w 33's

You save a LOT of money too that can go to skid plates... tummy tuck.... lockers.... etc...

Re: up grading axels in a stock 94 yj

gottagofast said:
Unless you're building for big power and huge tires I'd forget the 1 ton stuff....

Every 1" lower your diff hangs negates 2" of tire diameter and every few inches wider negates more tire diameter...

For a trail jeep it's REAL hard to beat a d30 8.8 combo w 33's

You save a LOT of money too that can go to skid plates... tummy tuck.... lockers.... etc...

X2

Get you a 4.10 geared 8.8 rear and some 4.10 gears for the front (or find a whole axle from a 4cyl and have spare shafts/etc

Keep the wheels and tires you got

Go enjoy it in the woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw here's my 95 w 33 10.50's 4.10's and 4.5" rubicon express extreme duty springs.

Attachments

• rps20170808_203608.jpg
    rps20170808_203608.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 95
i takeing your guys advise got a yj dana 30 compleat with 513 gears and its got pass side 1 peice axel going to buy a 8.8 rear gear it and run 35s 96 up on rear axel right you guys know from 96 up when they stoped useing 8.8 i hope i can find one with disk breaks on it

Sounds like it'll be a good front end. I think they ran 8.8s up until they went to independent suspension in the rear of the explorers, like mid/late 2000s

Y'all got any places to ride up around you close by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we got a few most people now dont let us ride i found a guy with a sterling 10,5 and its 410 gears thinking about runing it and then buying a frount 60 ford ball joinr or king pen cause this way i can run my 231 trans case

I've always wanted to run a taco elocker rear with a waggy front in a yj. I think it would be a easy set up that would work well with 35's on a dual purpose jeep.

any idea on up granding to waggy axels in sted going full blone 3/4 or 1 tons is there a way up grading when i dont haft to go so wide as 1 tons width

ok guys inliten me on this idea use a scout 2 rear axel dana 44 wms should be 58 to 60 right then take a dana 44 chevy frount that is 6 lug 67.5 wms cut both sides down 4 inchs weld ever thing back up take axels to machine shot cut re spline re drill hubs to fit ford 5 lug or go find dana 44 hubs from a ford just mesured the dana 35 rear yj it was 60 1/2 to 60 and 5/8 wms the frount dana 30 is 61 inchs wms to wheel mount surface so much for off set tracking like chevy does on there trucks

Dude slow down and focus for a minute. You have mentioned several different axle combos. Cutting down tubes and resplining shafts is $$.
I would take the advice given above. HP 30 front (you have a 5.13?) and an 8.8 rear is the way to go. Buy 5.13's and locker or weld the rear and go have a ball.
Save the extra coin and buy padded harnesses or something that make this sport more enjoyable.
If you did not have the HP30 the advice for a Waggy front and Taco Elocked rear is spot on. But with the 8.8 you don't buy wheels.

Trust me I have built a couple of custom axles. 609/509 and a 14/9. Custom gets pricey fast.
Not being rude just to the point and honestly trying to help.

i dont take you as rude at all my jeep has 308 gears i think i dont have a dana 30 frount with 513 a boy was going to sell me a frount with 513 for 150$ i will slow down used to have a cj7 with tons and it was a lot dam work geting it there and $$$$$$$$ also i take your advice i was just trying to go just a little better then 30/35

Dana 30s aren't a bad axle if you drive like you have sense and 8.8s are cheap and extremely tough. I wouldn't go for anything between those axles and tons.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

30's and 44's use the same u joint. The 44 does have lockouts with can be nice.
I fully agree with the 30 ,8.8 or tons.
99-04 d60 are getting really cheap due to the 05 - up beef

Just do the 30/8.8 combo. I ran that for a few years with a V8 and 35's only broke when I got skinny pedal happy. If you are wanting to crawl then they are perfect. Now if you want to bounce and Yee yee up some hills then go 1 tons. The 78-79 Ford 60 is about a 1/2 off on each side of the spring perches, so basically bolt in SOA. Good luck finding one and when you do you will pay a premium and have to probably rebuild it... ask me how I know.

sounds like you been there did that found a boy has a dana 30 yj axel with 513 and it has the full 1 peice axel on pass side i haft to put a 513 gear in the 8.8 i know spending any money on a 35 is worth less and low as they go is 4.88 was going to run a set scout axels but i dont wount to mess with that messed up knickle on frount

ok guys i got a 8.8 with 373 gears would like to up grade yj vacum dana 30 in forunt its 307 gears what best up grade use a hi pinion xj frount thats around 60 inchs wide frount from wsm to wsm the rear fors explorer is 59.5 from wms to wms

Man ur like a sparrow trapped in a house.... ur ALL OVER THE PLACE.... get the 5.13 dana 30 and gear your 8.8 to match.... yj 30's are all high pinion btw