• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

v8 in a toyota????

Ignore this guy....he is into unibodies and sniffing methane gases.

:rolleyes:

so you are advocating an increase of a 3" body lift, longer bolts, flexier mounts, higher center of gravity... basically useless height, over doing it the correct way? I disagree. A fabricated tunnel will keep your rig lower, no unsightly gaps between the body and frame, you wont have to raise your bumpers, sliders, or lengthen shifters/steering column for proper operation. Body lifts IMO are alot more work than they are worth, they put quite a bit of force on the bolts. when we took the body lift out of my roomates toyota we pulled up 5 broken bolts.

:rolleyes:

so you are advocating an increase of a 3" body lift, longer bolts, flexier mounts, higher center of gravity... basically useless height, over doing it the correct way? I disagree. A fabricated tunnel will keep your rig lower, no unsightly gaps between the body and frame, you wont have to raise your bumpers, sliders, or lengthen shifters/steering column for proper operation. Body lifts IMO are alot more work than they are worth, they put quite a bit of force on the bolts. when we took the body lift out of my roomates toyota we pulled up 5 broken bolts.

He is looking for an easy way Marc.....A body lift would be much easier.

I'd cut the tunnel out and make it bigger. It doesn't have to be pretty. Weld calk, and carpet. Quick, and easy.

I'd cut the tunnel out and make it bigger. It doesn't have to be pretty. Weld calk, and carpet. Quick, and easy.

I hacked the crap out of mine to make it fit and when i was done decided a cab swap was easier than building the tunnel.

sheetmetal work is incredibly easy. you can build a press brake for a few bucks, cut the material with just about anything, and weld it in with a gasless flux core welder. but to each his own. Some things are easier for some people, then others.

hmm too bad hes got the engine already. I have the 4runner shell, cage, v8, 700r4, and dual-tcases already to go.. and the frame is bobbed already!