• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Value Gears?

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
Has anyone heard of these/this brand? I just got off the phone with my dad, apparently a coworker has a set of 5.29 toy gears in a box labeled "Value Gear" and a Yukon install kit. He called me asking if i'd ever heard of these gears before, "Ummm no....i haven't....":eeek: Basically the guy bought a truck with the gears and install kit needing to be installed, my dad was going to help the guy setup the gears, but when it came time the truck got stolen before they could install them. So now he has these "value" gears and install kit laying around, until today my dad didn't know they were value gears and was interested in buying them....now we're not so sure it's a good "value":redneck:

Anyone with some info???:corn:

Randy's sells them. They're a cheaper alternative to Yukons. According to the Randy's salesperson that sold me "Value" 5.13s for my HP44, the only difference is they're not as quiet. Come to think of it, the box says that too. So you may have gear whine.

ya, ...... you shouldnt have gear whine..... only when theyre going out..... fawk that!!!:rolleyes: He doesnt NEED them, he was just wanting to pick up a second set for a possible build...:stirpot: :corn:

So your wheeling buddys will suffer when they blow up.
why not.
they dont have to be YUKON to function.:rolleyes:

sorry, but i dont buy a NAME. if i can find a product that works just as good as a NAME brand, but its less. guess which one i'll buy.:;

and if he can get them cheap...maybe the rest of us could find out if theyre worth using or not.
they cant be THAT bad if randys carries/sells/installs them. they do have a reputation to uphold. if they were JUNK, i really doubt they would sell them...

I have installed some of these gears in yota axles in the past. The manufacturing is about the same as Yukon's.

I say run the Value Gear. Just remember that they are what the are.

why not.
they dont have to be YUKON to function.:rolleyes:

sorry, but i dont buy a NAME. if i can find a product that works just as good as a NAME brand, but its less. guess which one i'll buy.:;

and if he can get them cheap...maybe the rest of us could find out if theyre worth using or not.
they cant be THAT bad if randys carries/sells/installs them. they do have a reputation to uphold. if they were JUNK, i really doubt they would sell them...

If you have installed more I think your views would differ. Yukon's work that is all. There is a reason why better gears cost more. Plain and simple "you get what you pay for".

I do run Yukon's in my junk.

buy cheap!! all gears are junk, they will break, get something with more than a ONE year warranty.

twice now I have used randys yukons on rigs that didnt get wheeled till they were done (over a year from purchase of gears) both toyotas, randys said sorry its been over a year. I said its only been out three times? they said wish we could help, sorry. plus the **** keeps getting steeper on the price.
if you dont buy a ton of **** at randys each month then they dont want to sell to you. I can buy yukon off ebay cheaper than at randys with my whlsl accnt. randys used to be WAY better 10 years ago, before printing yukon stickers and owning toptruck challenge.
:beer: funny how many rigs with rockwells at ttc have no yukon parts, but have 98 square feet of yukon quality vinyl on the skins!

buy cheap!! all gears are junk, they will break, get something with more than a ONE year warranty.

I did, I bought some precision gears a little over a year ago and now it is broken, fat chance I'm ever going to get those warranted. :booo:

$140 for gears and yukon install kit 5.29,s never opened. kid at work got his truck rip off. So he need some $$$$.

i will buy them call me 1-360-710-9985, i am wheeling elbe today so try calling a few times,where are you located i could possibly pic them up tonight?

I love the way yota owners buy the cheapest **** known to mankind...and it's what you see the most of out on the trails broken :haha: :haha: :haha:

I pick them up to rebiuld my other 85 front axle I only had to pay $140 for every thing.