• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Vandalism @ the back door

If you don't have a clue who is doing it why would you assume that it's a fellow wheeler?

Maybe you don't know but there are tons of shitheads that go "out to the woods" (Reiter) They think it's out in the middle of know where, probably saw some logs off the side of the road and started cutting them up.

That's not illegal, anyone can cut fallen timber so long as they have permits.

If you weren't a "wheeler" you most likely wouldn't realize that wood was in a road, because your concept of a road would not be what yours or mine is.

So chill the **** out, **** happens, yes it sucks peoples work got ripped apart after a few days, Welcome to Reiter.

As for the "chainsaw stoping" ideas, I would find it hard to believe that Mike would condone that sort of thing. Even asshats have rights, if they loose any eye or arm or whatever because of eco-terrorism and find out who was the culprit (not too hard after all the announcements you cherries made) you will go to jail, and the guy who was cutting up your logs will be laughing all the way back out to Reiter with the newer bigger saw purchased with your money.

Maybe next time you guys should put up a "please don't **** with our attempt at keeping order out here by not cutting up these logs designed to direct traffic through the trees" sign or something.

Pointing the finger at "other" user groups is just plain childish as well as counter productive.

:beer:

I would NEVER condone doing something puposely that would cause harm to somebody. Thats just wrong IMO...

I have a question, But a disclaimer first.

You will never catch me going past ecology blocks at reiter. Ever.

What kind of fine is incurred by moving the blocks, Or being caught driving past them after they have been moved? Or driving over them for that matter?

There is a law--has to do with removing any type of baricade. The law could also be used for somebody caught removing lets say logs that are placed for a purpose...

Can you staple old winch cable down the length of the log and

spray paint the cable pink

so wood cutters don't mistake it for firewood?

Last edited:
Can you staple old winch cable down the length of the log and spray paint the cable pink so wood cutters don't mistake it for firewood?

The forest service has been embedding cable/wire in logs so they don't get cut up for years. I have also seen logs with wire just stapled to the outside on 4 different spots to thwart off cutting. If the woodcutters hurt themselves by hitting cable or wire they shouldn't be operating a saw and I say let darwin have em.

If you don't have a clue who is doing it why would you assume that it's a fellow wheeler?

I guess you flunked reading comprehension. Do not have a clue means just that. I never said I thought it was wheelers, so don't try and put words or meaning into my comments that are not there!

Maybe you don't know but there are tons of shitheads that go "out to the woods" (Reiter) They think it's out in the middle of know where, probably saw some logs off the side of the road and started cutting them up.

Well Logs that are cabled together and to standing trees across obvious routes around obstacles in the trail or road (which ever you wish to call it) should be understandable even to the most dumb shithead to visit Reiter. And the only assumption I am making here is that YOU would understand when you saw them!

That's not illegal, anyone can cut fallen timber so long as they have permits.

I will take your word for this as I don't know never having a need to go to the woods and cut Fire Wood.

If you weren't a "wheeler" you most likely wouldn't realize that wood was in a road, because your concept of a road would not be what yours or mine is.

Even a 10 year old could make the distinction you do not want to give credit for, so I will never agree with you on this point, just open your eyes and you can see what is a road/trail without much thought if any.

So chill the **** out, **** happens, yes it sucks peoples work got ripped apart after a few days, Welcome to Reiter.

I have no need to chill out, but maybe you need to broaden your view of life and realize that people get upset over things being destroyed that they put effort into creating.

This type of thing is not just Reiter, it is everyplace and it is getting worst every year, and it pisses me off no matter where it happens, and if you do not like reading my opinion on the subject, then just skip the **** over my comments and keep yours to yourself and we will get along just great!

As for the "chainsaw stopping" ideas, I would find it hard to believe that Mike would condone that sort of thing. Even asshats have rights, if they loose any eye or arm or whatever because of eco-terrorism and find out who was the culprit (not too hard after all the announcements you cherries made) you will go to jail, and the guy who was cutting up your logs will be laughing all the way back out to Reiter with the newer bigger saw purchased with your money.

This comment of yours I can agree with 100% (and not I am not surprised by this but you may be)

Maybe next time you guys should put up a "please don't **** with our attempt at keeping order out here by not cutting up these logs designed to direct traffic through the trees" sign or something.

Then people with reading comprehension problems would most likely still cut up the logs!! And I would be pissed again!

Pointing the finger at "other" user groups is just plain childish as well as counter productive.

OMG I agree with you twice in one post!! **** is the world going to stop or what!!

Money come pick up the trash here!!

Last edited:
The forest service has been embedding cable/wire in logs so they don't get cut up for years. I have also seen logs with wire just stapled to the outside on 4 different spots to thwart off cutting. If the woodcutters hurt themselves by hitting cable or wire they shouldn't be operating a saw and I say let darwin have em.

thats exactly what i was gonna suggest and i have the cable to donate but if someone is cutting wood WITHOUT PERMISSION and gets hurt it is there fault i believe there are even signs that say no cutting

thats exactly what i was gonna suggest and i have the cable to donate but if someone is cutting wood WITHOUT PERMISSION and gets hurt it is there fault i believe there are even signs that say no cutting

It would not be their fault it would be yours if you put in the cable.....

When we discuss other laws/rules, some people will come up with RCW's to back up their point.

Does anyone have a closed legal case where someone sued another for negligence; with reguards to our cable in/on logs idea? There must be some precedent with a similar concept somewhere, right?

If you want to talk law, opinion has no place.

I personally think chicken wire is the best. Its something you can not only wasily see. But when you try to cut it---it either dulls the blade or gets crapped around the blade depending on what type you use...

But all of this is fine and dandy till the access to these areas can be limited.

"I heard" the gravel company that mines' the area south of the main parking area will be buying the mining rights to the main parking area.......and mining it.

The implications of this (if true) to the Reiter ORV community are endless.

There!........:beer: Hence the original name, Reiter Pit.

"I heard" the gravel company that mines' the area south of the main parking area will be buying the mining rights to the main parking area.......and mining it.

Yes/no/maybe....

Where the hell did you think the name came from. Ever notice the gravel pit on the left side of the road every time you drive in.:looser:

There are only two ways to keep this from happening in the future.

1: large monitary rewards for the people who turn in vandalizers.

2: Video monitoring of key areas.

Once a few people get caught and prosecuted for these offences the word will get out pretty quick.

:rolleyes:

Was the bed crushed on one side?

yes it was!! dirty black beat up dakota, one skinnyish guy and one with a little belly. we couldn't believe it , he just backed right up to the opening of the rock garden in the middle of their finish line and was gonna load up! i thought something was up cus we asked the d.n.r. lady if we could cut a log that fell in the upper rock garden out of the way that was on some rocks and she said no, and then the moto guys said they were with some trials crew preparing for the next weekend and i said why would they cut out a big log like that? they would ride down it!

yes it was!! dirty black beat up dakota, one skinnyish guy and one with a little belly. we couldn't believe it , he just backed right up to the opening of the rock garden in the middle of their finish line and was gonna load up! i thought something was up cus we asked the d.n.r. lady if we could cut a log that fell in the upper rock garden out of the way that was on some rocks and she said no, and then the moto guys said they were with some trials crew preparing for the next weekend and i said why would they cut out a big log like that? they would ride down it!

Well, now we know where they were getting the wood that they were trying to sell us. :mad:

Well, now we know where they were getting the wood that they were trying to sell us. :mad:

I have seen them come down reiter road with a truckload of wood before. But trying to prove where it comes from is another thing.. I will talk with david and inform him of that guy. Granted hopefully he will be locked up here soon for a little while...

well atleast we know who it is and know that all the hard work was not destroyed by a wheeler:awesomework:
it also should help us for the future work that on any work done near the main paths, either we use cable instead of logs to block off or we put something on the logs to prevent cutting :awesomework:

well atleast we know who it is and know that all the hard work was not destroyed by a wheeler:awesomework:
it also should help us for the future work that on any work done near the main paths, either we use cable instead of logs to block off or we put something on the logs to prevent cutting :awesomework:

You don't know for certain that it was the same guy. Also he may have had a permit to cut wood.....
The guy is probably a dirt bag wood poacher but we don't know that yet.