• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Vasectomy

I didn't read any replies, but here's my $.02.

They didn't tell me this - there's a good chance you're going to feel like you got kicked in the nuts when they cut the tube. Happened on one of mine and not the other. Keep your composure and try not to pass out. Extreme pain / hot / dizzy / I'm going to fall off the table is how I felt and I barely kept vertical.

#1. Listen to what your doctor says. Don't go by how you feel. Take it easy for how long they say.

#2. Do NOTHING for the first 1-2 days. Lay on the couch and watch movies or play on the internet or whatever. Even if you feel fine, don't get ambitious. I read stories of guys who felt fine and got active and ended up with balls the size of grapefruits.

#3. Set alarms to take your pain pills. Don't miss one, you won't be happy. It's easy to fall asleep for a nap and wake up 2 hours past when you should have taken a pill.

#4. Buy several bags of frozen peas ahead of them. They're a dollar a bag. Nothing feels better, seriously.

#5. Another thing I read - if you get to feeling around down there one day in the shower and feel the "bump" in the tube, don't squeeze it.

#6. Tell your wife to wear a sports bras, sweatshirts, and baggy sweatpants or some **** that doesn't get you worked up. Walking around with no bra, a tank top, and short shorts isn't going to help you make it through the days of not being able to get off.

#7. Sex is way better when you're not worrying about an accident happening. I don't miss the smell of condoms or her crazy hormonal mood swings from birth control.

knaffie said:
#7. Sex is way better when you're not worrying about an accident happening. I don't miss the smell of condoms or her crazy hormonal mood swings from birth control.

#7 makes it all worthwhile!

I'm two months post op, and took my first sample in to be tested on Tuesday of this week. They called back a few hours later, and it is still positive! My wife said she read on the internet that less than 50% of men bother to get their sample tested after having a vasectomy. Make sure you get tested after the procedure.

Re: Vasectomy

drkelly said:
I'm two months post op, and took my first sample in to be tested on Tuesday of this week. They called back a few hours later, and it is still positive! My wife said she read on the internet that less than 50% of men bother to get their sample tested after having a vasectomy. Make sure you get tested after the procedure.

Guy at work heard that so his wife got her tubes tied to "be sure". 13 months later they had their 4th boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holy **** I'd shoot myself haha.
friends got pregnant 3 years after his vasectomy. She was adamant she wasn't getting a paternity test, it was his, **** you, I don't cheat etc. He, on his own, went and got his goo tested, the swimmers were back after being given the green light years earlier. His tube went fishing and repaired itself. :eek:

Re:

We had some friends find out they were pregnant when she was 8 months along and he was fixed. She has some weird kind of cancer that affects her eyes and had surgery maybe a couple months into the pregnancy and they had to do pregnancy test before they could do the surgery but apparently they missed something. Not sure how ya still wouldn't know but I wasn't going to ask a bunch of questions.

I had mine done back in '97. I could feel the guy pulling on the tubes to get them in position to cut them, but there was no pain at all. I did it on a Thursday and took Friday off to have time to heal, but I had no issues or pain. Never took any of the pain killers and I actually went and coached my 5th grade basketball team on that Sunday. The only issue I had were the damn stitches, pokey little bastards!

85buggy said:
Worst part for me was when they pulled off the tape .... It ripped out my chest hair !!!
Seriously best move ever for me
post-14251-Eddie-Murphy-I-see-what-you-di-PAQX.jpeg

Had mine done last July. After two kids and to very ruff pregnancies for my wife (another long story) I manned up and got fixed. Did mine on a Friday. Shaved my junk and belly Thursday night. So the tape would not wax my belly. Took 2 Valium before the surgery. When I got there the the Dr took me back to a room with a TV mounted high on the wall. I laid back and found something to watch. As for the shots they were not to bad. Felt kind of like numbing shots for cavities, except in your balls. It did burn but it was manageable. Once the shots were done I though cool that is suppose to be the worse part I am good I am going to lay here and watch some TV. WRONG! I think my balls knew what were going on because I think they drew up some. Cause I am pretty sure he put a clamp on ole righty and pulled him toward my right foot. Now that felt like some one had my nut in a vise. again it was managable, but I couldn't relax and watch TV. I just laid there and tried not to pass out. Good news you can tell when he is also done, because you will smell your sack burning. Which is just wrong. When it was over, wife drove me home and I laid on the couch in the basement for 2 days playing xbox, rotating bags of frozen peas, and eating advil. I felt good the next day, but I read too many horror stories about guys doing stuff too early and I understand why cause you feel pretty good. So I just made myself lay on the couch and do nothing. Oh yeah as for the clamp on my balls, I had a weird bruise on both balls for a month.
A few tips for guys thinking about doing this.
Frozen peas work buy them
Shave more than just your balls unless you want the Dr waxing you
jockstraps are your friend, you will wear them for at least a week.
Advil lots of advil and take it regular.
don't do anything for 2 days after you will feel fine, unless you want a grapefruit in your pants don't do squat.

Just went this morning and had this done. The shots sucked pretty good :****: but wasn't too bad I was pretty nervous about it I won't lie. I just layed back and never looked down other than the pain shots I felt or smelled nothing. Then came the one stitch in the sack oh damn that hurt real nice :eek: other than that so far so good. I'm laying here right now with a bag of peas down my shorts. I'll let you know in a few days if something changes but it really wasn't as bad as the **** I've been told or read about.

fordcontraption01 said:
Just went this morning and had this done. The shots sucked pretty good :****: but wasn't too bad I was pretty nervous about it I won't lie. I just layed back and never looked down other than the pain shots I felt or smelled nothing. Then came the one stitch in the sack oh damn that hurt real nice :eek: other than that so far so good. I'm laying here right now with a bag of peas down my shorts. I'll let you know in a few days if something changes but it really wasn't as bad as the **** I've been told or read about.

I heard about that. Our wives are talking about your bean bag. molaugh :wtflol:

Got it done Friday and feeling good on day 3. I can see how it's easy to over do it as I went to work this morning and started to do to much... Leaving
for windrock Wednesday grapefruit balks or not :****:!

You really that interested in more "Sack stories" :rolf: :stir:

I had mine done 6 or 7 years ago after our second was born and we decided we were done.
Didn't follow directions and went out and about somewhere near 30 hrs after the snipping.... Regretted that the next day. Swollen and walking like I had grapefruits between my legs....

Anyone going to get it done...FOLLOW THEIR DIRECTIONS!! stay still for a few days and keep the jewels on ice!!!

I had mine done at the Air Force hospital before my tricare ran out. I met with the doctor for a consult and the doctor was a guy. When I showed up for the procedure they gave me some Valium and I waited for a couple of hours. Once on the table, the doc came in and he had a hot female Lieutenant with him. She was "training." When they started the procedure I started getting a boner from her hands. It was funny and awful at the same time! The procedure wasn't bad but I it took me longer to heal up than they said it would. I had three days off work to recover but it wasn't enough.