• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Venice LA Fishing

benfowler87

Wanting to do an inshore fishing trip out of Venice. This would be our first time from there so looking for any and all input. Primary target fish would be big bull reds. Anyone been? Perfect time of the year to go? Any charters recommended? Places to stay?

I went there about 10 years ago on a tuna fishing trip, can't remember the name of our charter captain. We stayed in a little bunkhouse right at the marina. Venice is a long damned way from anywhere so i'd def try to stay there and bring everything you might need with you. The landscape between NO and Venice is like an industrial, apocalyptical wasteland, unlike any place i've ever been? Good luck on your trip!

http://www.venicemarina.com/stay-at-venice-marina.html

Neal3000 said:
I went there about 10 years ago on a tuna fishing trip, can't remember the name of our charter captain. We stayed in a little bunkhouse right at the marina. Venice is a long damned way from anywhere so i'd def try to stay there and bring everything you might need with you. The landscape between NO and Venice is like an industrial, apocalyptical wasteland, unlike any place i've ever been? Good luck on your trip!

http://www.venicemarina.com/stay-at-venice-marina.html

So it sounds like staying at a lodge that cooks may be the way to go.

Re: Venice LA Fishing

We go every year out or Buras la
LLOYD Landry captain red and specs
http://lasaltwater.com/captain/lloyd-landry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can tell you who not to ****ing go with. Go with Mexican gulf fishing company fleet. **** pretty much anyone else there. And rent the condo that Mexican gulf fishing company has. Remember the place in general is a **** hole and anyone that works the marina/diner are swampass white trash.

Stay the **** away from Safari Blue Charters

jrhall said:
I can tell you who not to ****ing go with. Go with Mexican gulf fishing company fleet. **** pretty much anyone else there. And rent the condo that Mexican gulf fishing company has. Remember the place in general is a **** hole and anyone that works the marina/diner are swampass white trash.

Stay the **** away from Safari Blue Charters

Is that you F'in Jimmy? :rolf: Don't sugarcoat it JR, tell us what you really think of SBC. Storyline? :dunno:

ADMINISTRATOR

Jr is right.it is a **** hole just have a look at there great landfill mountain on the water.they don't really care for outsiders ,i've been working offshore out of their for 7 years.

We did a 24 hour trip out of Venice with safari blue charters.

I spent the first 3 hours throwing a cast net to get bait.
Said bait died on the way out because the captain forgot to turn the aerator on.
We swordfished for about 7 hours with no bites. I understand that one completely. Those fish are hard to catch. Understandable

The captain **** in the 5 gallon bucket we had been getting chum out of all day.

We caught one yellowfin in 24 hours. Half the blackfins we cut up for bait.

Weather got rough and capt didn't want to go in.

Finally on the way in, captain wanted to stop and catch some red snapper. Ran out of lead weights. Only had 5 on the entire boat.

Boat smelt like pure rotten ass. Come to find out, when you're coming into Venice, ya pull the drain plug on the fish box and soak your charter group down with bloody ice water, including but not limited to backpacks, cell phone, lighter

Captains smoke 4 packs of my carton I brought and had half a dozen adderall come up missing. .

And there's another dozen issues that came up.

As far as Venice marina goes, just read the review I left on facebook. Too much **** too type.

If ya read up on safari blue just on reviews, you'd never know it was a **** ads operation. If you're gonna go, go with someone related to Mexican gulf fishing company

jrhall said:
We did a 24 hour trip out of Venice with safari blue charters.

I spent the first 3 hours throwing a cast net to get bait.
Said bait died on the way out because the captain forgot to turn the aerator on.
We swordfished for about 7 hours with no bites. I understand that one completely. Those fish are hard to catch. Understandable

The captain **** in the 5 gallon bucket we had been getting chum out of all day.

We caught one yellowfin in 24 hours. Half the blackfins we cut up for bait.

Weather got rough and capt didn't want to go in.

Finally on the way in, captain wanted to stop and catch some red snapper. Ran out of lead weights. Only had 5 on the entire boat.

Boat smelt like pure rotten ass. Come to find out, when you're coming into Venice, ya pull the drain plug on the fish box and soak your charter group down with bloody ice water, including but not limited to backpacks, cell phone, lighter

Captains smoke 4 packs of my carton I brought and had half a dozen adderall come up missing. .

And there's another dozen issues that came up.

As far as Venice marina goes, just read the review I left on facebook. Too much **** too type.

If ya read up on safari blue just on reviews, you'd never know it was a **** ads operation. If you're gonna go, go with someone related to Mexican gulf fishing company

Appreciate the heads up!

If your looking for inshore fishing go to cocadrie la the largest trout and redfish by size ...
And if your look for tuna fishing OBA I sold my boat 2 years ago but looking for another boat ,bill staff is the best there is (sea spray )that man made me a fish killer

kmcminn said:
Ben post up some stripe pics!

Here's the only two I have on my phone. These things are a handful on a spinning rod. The plant where I work discharges 90 degree water. The stripe stack up in are discharge canal like crazy during the winter. You can literally catch them for hours.

Attachments

• IMG_3453.JPG
    IMG_3453.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3435.JPG
    IMG_3435.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 87
BenFowler said:
Here's the only two I have on my phone. These things are a handful on a spinning rod. The plant where I work discharges 90 degree water. The stripe stack up in are discharge canal like crazy during the winter. You can literally catch them for hours.

I don't think those are "the stripes" he was talking about Ben... flashemifyougotem

ADMINISTRATOR

EddieHall said:
If your looking for inshore fishing go to cocadrie la the largest trout and redfish by size ...
And if your look for tuna fishing OBA I sold my boat 2 years ago but looking for another boat ,bill staff is the best there is (sea spray )that man made me a fish killer

Venice is fawking great for winter Yellowfin Tuna fishing, not a long boat-ride to where they are either

Just got back from Venice. Fished with Cody from Cajun Hookers. Had a good time and caught Reds almost all day. 504-248-0867
bbac489f12b50fd26aed1d32f74ab353.jpg

s10me said:
Just got back from Venice. Fished with Cody from Cajun Hookers. Had a good time and caught Reds almost all day. 504-248-0867.

Thanks. I'll give him a call. Having trouble finding someone that has the dates I need available.