• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Video Surveillance at Home??

J/Cope79

Due to the recent increase in sketchy and suspicious things going in my neck of the woods Im looking into setting up some sort of Video Surveillance around my House/Shop. I know im not the only one on here that has or is looking into the same thing. My question is to the folks that already have systems up and running .
What do you recomend from your experience?
If you had it to do over what would you change about your setup?
Any Advice or help in this area will be appreciated.

I run a q-see system. It's not high end but it works. Running the wires is a little rough but doable in a existing home. Just ran wires in the new shop thankfully the walls aren't finished so it was a breeze.

I used one of these covers to bring wires out of the wall and have somewhat of a finished look...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-15-10-26-28.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-15-10-26-28.png
    234.2 KB · Views: 85
whiskeymakin said:
I run a q-see system. It's not high end but it works. Running the wires is a little rough but doable in a existing home. Just ran wires in the new shop thankfully the walls aren't finished so it was a breeze.

We just got that exact system for here at work. Does great and economical. :dblthumb:

CHASMAN9 said:
We just got that exact system for here at work. Does great and economical. :dblthumb:

Did you use the cat5 type or bnc?

From what I've seen, the bnc type cameras are cheaper and just as good....no experience with the cat5 tho.

whiskeymakin said:
Did you use the cat5 type or bnc?

From what I've seen, the bnc type cameras are cheaper and just as good....no experience with the cat5 tho.

220- 221, what ever it takes. lol

No, ours are the BNC connectors type. The only drawback is the powering of each individual camera. You need a relatively close ac source to each one. Other than that, good to go. thumb.gif