• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

vortec head ??

Mr. leafspring

KUBOTA BUGGY
what is a good combo for 355 chevy on propane , thinking of goin Jeggs vortec kit undecided on which cam will give me the best for the sport ??? running th 350
Any help would b appreciated :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

I love my 383 with vortec heads. I have a comp cam 454 lift with the heads shaved and flat tops for 12 to 1 comptessi with a dual quad intake on pane

We just did this to bugej's motor t near doubled the power shaved the heads a lot near 11:1 comp ,mild cam to keep vac for propane! Ill try and get the cam number it's a comp cam.

Swap to LT4 springs and retainers. Cheap and easy.

"Supposedly" Crane has a spring and retainer kit good for .550 lift on
vortec heads without any machine work at all to either the pockets or guides.

Check with Patriot performance in Rainbow City, they had a smoking deal a couple years ago, they took new vortec castings, put stainless 2.02, 1.60 valves, screw in studs, 5 angle valve job, mild porting, big springs, and drill the heads to accept old style valve covers, or the centerbolt, and drill to accept old and new style intakes, i put a set on a hot rod boat engine, loved them, think they were around 650.00 cant beat that

thanks for all the input guys :****: im still looking and will take any info u got !!! im leaning towards the SCROGGINGS DICKEY Co. they sell vortec head kits , comes with lt4/ z28 spring hardware,rocker arms up to .525 lift i believe a eldebrock performer intake all the bolts and gaskets ????? any body delt with the Co.
Thanks in advance for any further info .

utyty9am.jpg

Finally found the cam specs! Spent around $1100 for gaskets, head bolts, reman heads plus machine work( drilled for old style intake and shaved for high compression) cam kit w lifters, oil pump, timing chain, and tune up!

I think that is one of their Extreme Energy cams. It is a great cam for a 355 with good vacuum. I wouldnt go any larger though. We are running one in a 355 with Edelbrock heads and it is pretty stout. Also tried to run one with their 12-254 grind, way too much duration for decent vacuum.