• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker Saturday...13th

FireballXL5

Wanted to head up to walker Saturday... Elbe isn't in the cards for me this weekend...

Anyone else planning on being there? I'll try to be in the main lot around 9:00 ish... Sammi needs some new broken parts! ;-)

Yea, I'm still on.. This new work shift they've moved me to prevented me from being as 'ready' as I'd like to be... But I'm as ready as I 'need' to be... ;-) who needs brakes anyways... I've got 4 low for a reason right?!!

Yea.. I'm hoping for 9:00 or just a little after... Gotta throw the tool kit back in the sammi, make sure I've got at least 5 spare axles, and I'm down the road!

Grandpa's 80th birthday party tonight....gonna have him drive the old willy's around for a bit tonight instead of wheelin then the jeep show tomorrow at XXX burgers if anyone is interested i will be out there from 10-3 unless its pissing rain

I'm on the road, and on time for once... Gotta try and bleed the brakes when I get there... And if it fixes the issue.. I'll try to get my daughter to drive the sammi today!

It was a great day of wheeling. Snow, rain, hail, mud, what more could you ask for.

Big thanks to Wayne and Phil for helping me out today, great guys to wheel with. I'll get some pics up tonight.

Here's a few pics.

This is what happens when you only have one locker and 33's.

This is what happens when you shear your hub bolts.

And this is what it looks like when you're close to taking a bit of a tumble.

Few more

E9512A7B-1DB3-4415-B75F-05FAC6617260-579-0000007C38349255.jpg

4D31CF3A-CEFD-43A5-A1C6-1CADBD970B57-579-0000007C1EFB46A6.jpg

622ADED8-5C8D-4CD5-8EBF-E50AA2A63756-579-0000007C4B3DF0CE.jpg

96DB785A-9478-4275-B8E8-2A93EE84DBE3-579-0000007C8E5CAA9B.jpg

0D304476-1C05-4201-B9AD-E5F89AAE10F3-579-0000007CA5C2B2CB.jpg

That last one... I should've just gone for it! Instead I inched over, then tried to back off... Would've been fine if I hammered down... Or not... Lol

More vids to come later...

Good day out. It was good meeting Mike and Phil. Phil you have kept your reputation of breaking something. At least it was know big deal and your could drive it down. Nice tailight Mike.

It's friggin hard to get tape to stick when it's hailing.

He didn't really know what was up till I told him not to get out, in case it un weighted that side of the truck. He was a little more worried after that. :eeek:

Lol... Yea, I asked him if he was belted in... He said, No... Why... Should I be?!

I think the most fun of the wheelin day was up and around that split rock pit... We were there at least a good hour just trying every trail/entry we could... Sammi hi-marked the split rock... Though I can't ever go any further... My spare tire hits the ground on the rear, and the front tires don't clear the top of the rock... Oh, and the carburetor really hates that angle too... Stalls out and dies.. Have to floor it to get it/keep it running after that...

It was fun watching Wayne attempt ... Well... Anything... He's got a very capable rig that just keeps hammering away at stuff... It's fun to watch!

I was a little disappointed we didn't get any more trail rash on the bronco... Figured a full size rig would fight it a little more than it did... But good tires and a long wheelbase made it work pretty good! I think we only had to pull strap once the whole day for him... And later he returned the favor for me.. We're even! :awesomework: