• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker Valley Jeep Cross staging Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

japerry

This work party, on the 14th will involve preparation for the Jeep Cross reroute.
Why?
The major issue is the Class 4 stream that has existed for years. Now that there is an engineered crossing, DNR would like to see us use this crossing. By utilizing a live road, they don't need to Pull SEPA or HPAs for the upper section.

Secondly, the road has become dangerous. DNR saw first hand today the washout on the old BR-3401 road. Its not passable by 4x4s now. Since closure isn't working, and trail use isn't really damaging anything (since its not that wet yet, and its a clear cut), we want to make sure the re-route is placed correctly, so users will go that route instead of down the wet area (current re-route).

Goals:
* Staging of materials (rock, logs) to be installed the next week
* Uncover large rocks that are tagged for inclusion to the trail system
* brush away slash to each side to mark the trail
* make the trail drivable by most users, specifically making sure the re-route is correctly pathed, and clearing the old grade to give moderate rigs another option rather than the steep hill climb

Meeting at 9AM sharp at the trailhead! Find us on CB channel 10 if you're late. If you're shuttling rock, Meet at the BR-Mainline Gate (off the Cavanaugh rd) at 9AM sharp!

Tasks...
  1. Shuttle 2-3-man (400-600lbs) rock from quarry to landing (2 trucks, 2 bobcats or tractors) 6-8 people
  2. Clear out branches and snags to create a trail definition. 8-10 People
  3. brush out upper portion bypass. 2-5 people
  4. Gather logs to queue up near the log hardening spot. 1-2 trucks w/winch, 3-6 people

Can't make it this weekend. I have a family reunion (at my place) that weekend.

what all do i need to bring?:redneck:
*chainsaw
*truck/winch
*shovels

i will have my toyota pick up there that can be used as a trail mule
i also have an F250 powerstroke and a 7x14 car hauler trailer its only rated at 7k but if it helps to load rock and stuff on there to move around let me know!!!!:awesomework:

Hey matt,
As far as what to bring---if you're willing to use the trailer for rock haulling duties, definitely could use it---also, bring a shovel, gloves and PPE (safety glases, hardhat, etc...I believe we'll have the saw duties handled, but doesn't hurt to bring it...

Hey matt,
As far as what to bring---if you're willing to use the trailer for rock haulling duties, definitely could use it---also, bring a shovel, gloves and PPE (safety glases, hardhat, etc...I believe we'll have the saw duties handled, but doesn't hurt to bring it...

ok ill have it there

O o ooooo hopefully I can make this! I won't have my rig, but damn it, I will hike in if need be. Can't be as bad as our hell hike!

Is there another thread discussing this?

I guess your meeting went good?

so whats this i hear? you dont need a chain saw.........:looser: dangit. i guess i will have to strip the buggie down.:masturbanana[1]: make room for more rock:stirpot:

Kevin said that the rock hauling will be logging roads, so your tow vehicle might make a good choice.

:awesomework:i can pump up the air bags and load her to the moon:awesomework:

Just got off the phone with Bo and Devin, we have a front loaded we can use to load the rocks in. While it'd be good to have another one at the other side, my guess is we can either throw them out of the back, or use a winch to drag them out.

We need a few more bodies, who else is in?

is it the same size rock as last time on the trail hardening project? or bigger.:eeek:

In the opening frame of the video posted there was a good size(house) rock knoll in the background.....any chance of that coming into play?

is it the same size rock as last time on the trail hardening project? or bigger.:eeek:

This is MUCH bigger rock I guess.....haven't seen it, but yeah, NOT like last time---we may need the saw, I'd bring it in case! Just remember to wear chaps, and hardhat/safety glasses... BRING P.P.E. (Personal Protection Equipment) for this day!!!

In the opening frame of the video posted there was a good size(house) rock knoll in the background.....any chance of that coming into play?

If it's the one I'm thinking of (at the base near the landing...), Might well be....

If it's the one I'm thinking of (at the base near the landing...), Might well be....

I just went and looked at the video again Jeff, and are you talking about the one up on the hillside, at the very beginning of the vid???

Status
Not open for further replies.