• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker Valley May 10th-11th

One of the things that has kept me from going out "Wheelin" Is the fact that I am not locked only have a 2" BB AT's that are 31" (BFG M/T's on Friday) . I agree with you Kevin, you know me. I would love to play with the big dogs, but I am still a puppy. The frustrating thing is there is very little for guys ( and gals) like me ( guy not gal) for us to play in and learn. Walkers rep has put the fear of mud and stuckness and damage in most of us newbs. So while there should be major hardcore trails why can't there be some lesser stuff for us slimy green algae that have not fully evolved yet. I plan on meeting up with ya'll Sat. to see what I can do. Please be gentle...

Walker is perfect place to learn. I just got done building a truck with my buddy and we took it through Lower Main Line with 35" BFG All Terrains, and only locked in the rear. Only had a little bit of trouble getting through the rocks at the gate, but other than that the truck did great. Good Times.

Everyone from WA-

My dad, brother, and I had a great time. Good wheelin (sans the broken axle....oh yeah and a ruined skidplate and gas tank). Running the trails in 2wd low took its toll on me. Seriously, though everyone was great and we really appreciated the hospitality on your "home turf". If we can return the favor down in Oregon please let me know. I will be posting some pics soon as well.

Kev:

My email is [email protected] (work) or [email protected] (home). What was yours again?

Stay safe and hope to see all you guys again soon. BTW, the axle is already out. Minor setback for a few days anyways.

it was nice meeting you! Really liked that clean jeep too, maybe this is a good excuse to upgrade to Dana 60's:stirpot:

Glad to here you guys made it home safe!! Skidplate and tank too? WOW!!!:scratchhead:
Got the axle out? Where exactly did it break? It was great to meet you, and if we ever make it down your way, we'll be sure to get in touch with you for a run!!lookin forward to the pics!!:D
My email [email protected] Stay in touch!!! Thanks again for comin up!!:awesomework:

Man i wish i was there with you guys instead of seeing Rhonda's family!!!!!!
Would have been kewl with RubyDoo in the mix with the other Jeeps.

Better late than never...here are all the pics I have from the Walker Valley run last month. BTW, just about got the Jeep back together. It ended up being the outer stub shaft that broke, which should be simple except the yoke spread so I could not get it out through the steering knuckle. Ended up having to pull the knuckle and everything. Good thing is the shaft is under warranty. No $$!

I hope the links works....

Eric

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/sezmon/Walker Valley May 2008/

Those are some great pics Eric!!!!:D Thanks again to you and your Dad for comin up and runnin with us!!!:cool: We all had a great time!!! Glad to hear your axle issue turned out ok!!:awesomework: Hey we're goin there for a work party this Sat....you should come up and teach that stump a lesson!!:D

Last edited:
wish I could get back up there, but the Jeep is still on jackstands.....again, invite is open if any of you guys get down to my neck of the woods. Next time I will get out is most likely going to be July.

Will definitely be lookin ya up if/when we head down your way...:awesomework: Hey, was your dad still interested in the rope?:corn: