• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker valley sat

Just got the okay from my better half to head out tomorrow. Will try to get there around 8:00 but might be a little after. Red chevy pulling a '90 x-cab truggy.

Have Fun fellas!
Oh and Just an FYI (got a call from Elyse yesterday, but it's been crazy with new job)...The Timber Tamer Trail (The old 1st section of Lower Mainline)..has been temp closed as the logging co. did punch the road in (sounds like pretty minimal trail damage), and due to that it is closed temporarily until further notice (Should be signs out there)....sorry to spring it on ya last minute---but please respect the temp closure, and try to inform those that aren't!

Got back just a little bit ago. Sorry 86sasRunner, we waited for a while but never did see you today. Still PLENTY of snow on the upper roads, was a good day just ended a little early with a busted hub.

That new road is massive and completely cuts the lower mainline off, hope they reopen it as that was a great section but there is no way your running it right now without some serious chainsaw work.

Yeah, it is temporary...AND I already have an idea conjured up for when they're finished logging, and they decomission the new road.....:awesomework:

Yeah, it is temporary...AND I already have an idea conjured up for when they're finished logging, and they decomission the new road.....:awesomework:

Whats the budget? 10-12 million?:fawkdancesmiley:

Best to get it rolling now. Whens the next Walker Valley meeting?

Next meeting is the 2nd Tue in May....
And no, not 10-12Mil :haha:!!! :fawkdancesmiley:
We'll cross that bridge when the time comes....but I will have a bug in their ear about the proposed idea long before....:;

good fun today. the best part of the lower mainline section is shot to **** now with the new road but maybe after the logging it will be even better:cheer:

Next meeting is the 2nd Tue in May....
And no, not 10-12Mil :haha:!!! :fawkdancesmiley:
We'll cross that bridge when the time comes....but I will have a bug in their ear about the proposed idea long before....:;

Just remember, there is some rule about using Lands roads, they have to be properly decomissioned or some **** like that.

And not another humps and bumps!!!

Buried logs (both vertical and horizontal), big rocks (should be a lot easier to move big rocks here than Rons Run), half burried old growth stumps, etc could make things interesting.

The hardest part will be the road will most likely have a built up road-bed and deep ditches, so it will be a pretty narrow crown to work on.

Just remember, there is some rule about using Lands roads, they have to be properly decomissioned or some **** like that.

And not another humps and bumps!!!

Yup, but once the road's decomm'd, the original trail line may well provide opportunity for some fun stuff where the road 'used' to be...We'll see.
And no, not another H & B...:;

Only got a couple pics as we were moving most of the day with just the two rigs. The hub wasn't a big deal, probably more maintenance error as I think the bolts worked a little loose and just sheared off.

Here's a link to pics for all you web wheelers out there:fawkdancesmiley:
http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h448/yotakid93/Walker April 30th 2011/

86sasrunner- sorry to totally hijack your original thread, hope you were able to get some wheeling in too

Last edited:
Ya no problem. It was ok my buddy broke a motor mount right a way a d I needed up bending a front leaf spring. All and all a good day I the woods.