• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker Valley saturday 9/11

trxguy

We are going to be loading and unloading rock and getting it moved up the trail from the landing

6 loads have already been staged at the landing

We will be meeting at the Lake Cavenough gate at 9am saturday

For those curious, there will be no excavation this weekend due to lack of funds....just moving rock...so for those who have the rig capable of hauling material up the trail that's what we need...and a few extra hands to manhandle the rock would be great!:D

Where does Elise stand with this? I recall her saying,on Saturday of the last work party, something along the lines of not wanting to "work on the trail" once the rains hit and the trail gets saturated. I take "work on the trail" as meaning "hauling big rocks with buggies and excavator because it's going to create a HUGE mess with lots of dirty run off that we arn't set up to control".

We need to make sure we don't get ahead of ourselves AGAIN and put her in a pinch.

I'm down for whatever....I think lots of loads to the landng from the quarry would be good.

i am being told that 6 loads are already on the landing i agree more would be awsome but we don't have the equipment to load more loads plus be able to unload larger rock from ricks trailer......... this is what we have to work with this weekend:awesomework:

Elyse called me thismorning she was asking for rick to bring the buggy and trailer saturday i know it has been raining most of the week here but when she is talking about rain she is refering more to the rainy season closer to fall/winter i am not sure if you have seen the trail since the saturday we were all there...... Ron kinda made some culvert ditches for run off and we packed not a whole lot but a good amount of rock at the base of the trail.... jim judd and I met up with elyse on a tuesday to do that ..hope you can make it, i do understand what you are saying with the rain that we have had already and it is susposed to rain on us saturday too, but this is her call.... we would do more but we don't have the funds for the equipment so we are just using what she already has (bobcat) hope to see you there if not see ya next time

Yes, the little bit of rain that's happened has not halted this as of yet...Elyse is giving this a go at this point, and what Matt said about the trail base being fairly well-covered should mitigate the runoff sufficiently, I guess we'll see come Sat!!!:awesomework: IF anything changes, I will be sure to post it ASAP...

OK I COULD ABSOLUTELY **** MYSELF RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Went to take the buggy out of the garage tonight to clean it up a bit and backed up about two feet then SNAP!........Back where I started.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Contemplating ideas for plan B right now. It may be just foreward only like we did it last time or???????????????
Ideas? I about fawkin give.:booo:

****, really??? Same sound as last time huh??? Maybe the v.b. is sticking, ramping line pressure too high, causing the issue??? IDK???...:booo:

****, really??? Same sound as last time huh??? Maybe the v.b. is sticking, ramping line pressure too high, causing the issue??? IDK???...:booo:

I knew it was on borrowed time from the adjustability issues we talked about but I thought I could get more than a couple feet out of it.:rolleyes:
Tranny needs to be rebuilt no doubt.

Yeah, kinda sounds that way---maybe something's moving due to a bad bushing or something of that nature....Well, what do you want to do??? It's not too late to bail if you want...we don't have equipment up there to just lift you/turn you around!:haha:

Yeah, kinda sounds that way---maybe something's moving due to a bad bushing or something of that nature....Well, what do you want to do??? It's not too late to bail if you want...we don't have equipment up there to just lift you/turn you around!:haha:
Right now I'm looking at options. One option would be to use Jeepmaulers rig to tow with. We would have to make some changes though and we're not sure it can be done on short notice. Give us some time to figure that out.
Only other option I can think of is just do it in front drive only like we did last time. We don't have a machine for unloading though so it could get tricky.
What do you guys think, is it worth it to struggle through if it comes to that or should we just postpone?

Well, we may not be able to move the bigger rock, but with my rig, and Matt's, we can haul rock up to the swale and start filling it to get it covered...won't be a total waste IMO if we at least did that....If Jeff's willing to do that---see if that'll pan out...:awesomework: and let me call Elyse real quick...brb..

OK using Jeffs rig isn't going to work unfortunately. Lets hear what Elyse has to say but it sounds to me like you guys are going to be there anyways? If that's true I would be willing to try and get something done in foreward only if it's feasible.

Last edited:
OK using Jeffs rig isn't going to work unfortunately. Lets hear what Elyse has to say but it sounds to me like you guys are going to be there anyways? If that's true I would be willing to try and get something done in foreward only if it's feasible.

Sent you a PM...:D Gimme a call after you've read it...:awesomework:

OK I think we're on plan C now which is the buggy and trailer aren't going to be used this time. There is work to do though and I'll be there.:cheer:

Just talked to unclestripey and he'll be comin' up with the Sami to help out as much as a sami can!
I guess two sami's would equate to one 'binder-trailer'!!!:redneck: :haha:
sounds like Duck Dodgers may be up as well to help out where he can...

Breakfast is at Big Rock----7:30 am....for those that want to join Unclestripey and myself....:awesomework:

truck and trailer loaded got some air in the yota tires hopefully they hold

got the tail-gate cut so it opens again and the tool box pulled out of the toyota

ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :awesomework:

Cool...Gonna empty out the back of mine tonight, and get it loaded up/aired up...we'll see how she fairs haulin' rock!:redneck: