• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker Valley work party 06-19-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you missed was some jerk on a dirtbike was in too big of hurry to let xgerstandx move 8 feet down the trail. So instead he tried to shoehorn his bike between a zj and a tree. And he preceeded to do so three or four times, all the while slamming his bike into the zj, with Matt hollering "just let me move man."
This after he had yelled at Jim Cahill, I couldn't hear what he said but from 40 feet, over running trucks and such, I heard him.
Unfortunately this was the majority of the single trakers we met. My wife was at the upper end telling them it was closed and they were very rude to her. She had them curse at her, flip her off, spin out and spray her (and my kids), and just act like jerks in general.:pissed:

. My wife was at the upper end telling them it was closed and they were very rude to her. She had them curse at her, flip her off, spin out and spray her (and my kids), and just act like jerks in general.:pissed:

Hmmmmm
Glad for everyone sake, that wasn't my wife up there, I don't put up with any abuse towards her

Tell your wife that she is one in a millon for putting up with that and I commend you on keeping your cool

What you missed was some jerk on a dirtbike was in too big of hurry to let xgerstandx move 8 feet down the trail. So instead he tried to shoehorn his bike between a zj and a tree. And he preceeded to do so three or four times, all the while slamming his bike into the zj, with Matt hollering "just let me move man."
This after he had yelled at Jim Cahill, I couldn't hear what he said but from 40 feet, over running trucks and such, I heard him.
Unfortunately this was the majority of the single trakers we met. My wife was at the upper end telling them it was closed and they were very rude to her. She had them curse at her, flip her off, spin out and spray her (and my kids), and just act like jerks in general.:pissed:

Not cool. :( Wish I was there because I would have been pulling people off their bikes.

it was nice to see everyone there loading rigs looks like everything turned out very good, nice meeting kev was with the large rubicon and red custom buggy. good job saturday fellas:awesomework:

Thanks, Good to meet you guys too!:awesomework: Definitely a couple nice rigs ya'll got!:cool:

Is this on main line? looks like a nice sunday drive on a gravle road now. Thats my kinda wheelin... good job guys. :cheer:

Sounds like some bikers need a beat down.:mad: I have a offroad worthy trailer but unfortunatley I won't be able to help this weekend.:booo:

Is this on main line? looks like a nice sunday drive on a gravle road now. Thats my kinda wheelin... good job guys. :cheer:

I understand where your coming from, and I hated rockin in the trail but, We gotta do what we gotta do to keep the trails open. There was a lot of silt delivery into a stream at that point. It is also to show Bill Lider that DNR can get issues solved. Bill was calling out DNR, asking how if they could not care for Walker, how were they going to care for Rieter. We now have shown him that we can actually care for Walker, and how we will be able to care for Rieter also.

I was also trying to get more difficulty put in this area, I mentioned placing a few 10 man sized rock (the rocks in the photo are 1 man sized) but Jim said no:booo:

If we want more difficulty at Walker, people need to express this in there user surveys (located here)

It is also to show Bill Lider that DNR can get issues solved. Bill was calling out DNR, asking how if they could not care for Walker, how were they going to care for Rieter. We now have shown him that we can actually care for Walker, and how we will be able to care for Rieter also.

We should not be entertaining Bill on anything! He will never be happy so don't even acknowledge him, **** him!

I was also trying to get more difficulty put in this area, I mentioned placing a few 10 man sized rock (the rocks in the photo are 1 man sized) but Jim said no:booo:

If Jim doesn't get with the program on these kind of things he's going to have a free for all in his park before too long. I've talked to him about this in person in the past and he doesn't seem to get it. It's too bad but maybe he'll get it after things are out of control..:booo:

If Jim doesn't get with the program on these kind of things he's going to have a free for all in his park before too long. I've talked to him about this in person in the past and he doesn't seem to get it. It's too bad but maybe he'll get it after things are out of control..:booo:

I've also talked to him about it some, and the main problem for him is he just doesn't have the man power/funding to do some difficult stuff at Walker (He doesn't even have enough to maintain the trails). So it would need to be volunteer work. I'd really like to show him what they did down at Elbe as an example of what we could do at Walker.

Another thing is, if we could get more trail mileage at Walker, we could try and build some trails in the more "naturally difficult" areas of Walker. We could then supliment those "naturally difficult" areas with some man made obsticles. The positive part of these naturally difficult areas is that they are in a lot better terrain for ORV's. They are usually in dryer areas, with less ground water. I know thats personally what I want to push for.

I agree, and he's slowly coming around, but we need to get him to understand that a LARGE rock IS a natural obstacle, whether it's already there or been 'planted'!:;..... We need to get a handle on what's currently there--and there is some work being started to request more mileage once it's deemed the existing system is under control.:awesomework: And there is discussion as to the more difficult obstacles being implimented into the system.
For the average wheeler, the new water bars will provide some level of challenge (right jacob!:redneck:), while helping the sediment delivery issue!:awesomework:

I completely understand.. I was just :stirpot: a little to see what the plan was. I am glad that you all are bending there ear about making it more difficult. I wonder why they do not want to make the park more interesting with difficult areas.

Rick I hear you on the out of control part. It wont be long for that to happen. :corn:

I've also talked to him about it some, and the main problem for him is he just doesn't have the man power/funding to do some difficult stuff at Walker (He doesn't even have enough to maintain the trails). So it would need to be volunteer work. I'd really like to show him what they did down at Elbe as an example of what we could do at Walker.

Another thing is, if we could get more trail mileage at Walker, we could try and build some trails in the more "naturally difficult" areas of Walker. We could then supliment those "naturally difficult" areas with some man made obsticles. The positive part of these naturally difficult areas is that they are in a lot better terrain for ORV's. They are usually in dryer areas, with less ground water. I know thats personally what I want to push for.

I have one spot in mind that would be simple to make into a real challenge, and clean up the appearance---just need to get the go-ahead, and come up with large material once the ok was given.:;

I completely understand.. I was just :stirpot: a little to see what the plan was. I am glad that you all are bending there ear about making it more difficult. I wonder why they do not want to make the park more interesting with difficult areas.

Rick I hear you on the out of control part. It wont be long for that to happen. :corn:

Until we get enough support up there to easily manage the existing system, and enough folks trying to do the same 'ear bending' (in a positive atmosphere), what you see in the pics are what we'll get...

I have one spot in mind that would be simple to make into a real challenge, and clean up the appearance---just need to get the go-ahead, and come up with large material once the ok was given.:;

I was thinking a rock garden or log jam on the lower mainline near where there's those two big mud holes,on the lookout, just above the easy-valley connector.

Ah, I think I know what your talking about, left line?:corn:

Possibly after some of the engineered trail designs are released for Reiter. Then they are in the trail building scope of work for DNR. That might make it easer to do :awesomework:

Possibly after some of the engineered trail designs are released for Reiter. Then they are in the trail building scope of work for DNR. That might make it easer to do :awesomework:

Probably the best idea. :awesomework:

Personally I would refrain from showing examples of E L B E..... Might not want to open a new can o' worms if ya get what I'm saying. :;

I was thinking a rock garden or log jam on the lower mainline near where there's those two big mud holes,on the lookout, just above the easy-valley connector.
:;

Yup.... patience young grasshoppa (boardbysled!:haha:)....it's not gonna happen anytime real soon, but there are discussions going on.:awesomework:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts