• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker work party...

Lenkerr

http://nw-wheelers.com/forum/[URL=h...ums/ww315/Lenkerr/th_DSCN3122.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
http://nw-wheelers.com/forum/[URL=h...ums/ww315/Lenkerr/th_DSCN3125.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Nice Vid's DD!!! Turned out pretty good, especially for a camera vid!:awesomework: Next time I'ma bring the vid camera if I remember!:redneck:

i havent been able to get up there lately. but im going up there today on the dirtbikes to play. so im gonna venture over,and check out your guys work.

It is actually not open to the public yet.

I'm calling bullshit on this one! I have been through there before, Walker is open to the public. So what kind of rocks did you bring in to the skill building area Zukkev???:cool: You know if you build a sick rock section a lot of badass buggys will come to check it out:cheer: Does your club not want this? I would be so excited to see about 5 dump trucks worth of big boulders dropped in and around that V-notch. :awesomework:

I'm calling bullshit on this one! I have been through there before, Walker is open to the public. So what kind of rocks did you bring in to the skill building area Zukkev???:cool: You know if you build a sick rock section a lot of badass buggys will come to check it out:cheer: Does your club not want this? I would be so excited to see about 5 dump trucks worth of big boulders dropped in and around that V-notch. :awesomework:

No Buck, the Skill building area is not open to the public yet, but the rest of Walker is...We went thru there as an assessment run---which gave DNR an idea of what the buggies are all about---The rocks being brought in are for hardening the section of trail below the V-notch (the mud bowl staging area)...It is too expensive to haul in 5 dumptrucks worth of large rock...It has NOTHING to do with what our club wants...FYI, we have requested on more than one occasion to bring in larger rocks into various sections of the Walker trail system only to be turned down due to the cost/ liability on DNR's end...
Not to say it won't happen in the future, but right now it ain't happenin'...
You know Buck, you say " if you build a sick rock section....", meaning our club...If we had folks such as yourself putting effort/time into helping maintain what little legal open areas we have left, things like building 'badass rock sections', may be more feasible in the future...Food for thought---:awesomework:

No Buck, the Skill building area is not open to the public yet, but the rest of Walker is...We went thru there as an assessment run---which gave DNR an idea of what the buggies are all about---The rocks being brought in are for hardening the section of trail below the V-notch (the mud bowl staging area)...It is too expensive to haul in 5 dumptrucks worth of large rock...It has NOTHING to do with what our club wants...FYI, we have requested on more than one occasion to bring in larger rocks into various sections of the Walker trail system only to be turned down due to the cost/ liability on DNR's end...
Not to say it won't happen in the future, but right now it ain't happenin'...
You know Buck, you say " if you build a sick rock section....", meaning our club...If we had folks such as yourself putting effort/time into helping maintain what little legal open areas we have left, things like building 'badass rock sections', may be more feasible in the future...Food for thought---:awesomework:
X2 could not have said better myself Kev. And Buck.... you don't know me well enough to call bullshit on anything I say. Educate yourself before you spout off again.

Thanks Kris! Hey, won't be able to make the parade today---getting ready for a shindig at the house tonight!!! Then I basically have two days to get ready for TJ09....and I haven't touched the Sami!!!:yikes: Gimme a call...:D

I would be so excited to see about 5 dump trucks worth of big boulders dropped in and around that V-notch. :awesomework:

Oh, and also, If you didn't notice, that entire area has lots of HUGE granite boulders, which with time once it's officially open will reveal themselves as obstacles.:awesomework:...

dude....I'll PM you next time me and the Homies come up to Walker....

I've logged a whole years worth of DNR hours "maintaining" the regular trails at Walker while being PROMISED the fabeled "BIG ROCK" area by the DNR:rolleyes: It was bullshit 7yrs ago and it's bullshit now....just a carrot dangled in front of "do-gooders" noses to keep them coming back....the DNR will never santion an "area" hard enough to even slow down cars like Buck's and mine.

If people want to "maintain" the trails at walker for the "sake of all"......AWSOME.....GO NUTS......GIVE'ER HELL:awesomework: but the dangled carrot routine is B.S.