• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker work party...

dude....I'll PM you next time me and the Homies come up to Walker....

I've logged a whole years worth of DNR hours "maintaining" the regular trails at Walker while being PROMISED the fabeled "BIG ROCK" area by the DNR:rolleyes: It was bullshit 7yrs ago and it's bullshit now....just a carrot dangled in front of "do-gooders" noses to keep them coming back....the DNR will never santion an "area" hard enough to even slow down cars like Buck's and mine.

If people want to "maintain" the trails at walker for the "sake of all"......AWSOME.....GO NUTS......GIVE'ER HELL:awesomework: but the dangled carrot routine is B.S.

It may be bullshit to you, and whoever else partook in the help 7yrs ago--- I stated ""it may happen in the future, but right now it ain't happenin'!!!"" Especially now that most funding for such projects is now gone ( NOVA in particular ), which further brings the urgency to get more "users" involved in maintenance/self-policing, etc....
we've been up there workin' our asses off for more than a few yrs, and when the loggers destroyed the section of L mainline, we rose a big stink; and in return we are getting some more challenging stuff back, albeit nothing new or that would slow yours and buck's rigs, or any rigs that are built, but it beats a logging road...:awesomework: I can only hope that the buggy guys would help out for the greater cause, or as you put "for the sake of all":cool:, to keep what little we have left open ( not saying you don't help, but sure comes off negative by what's typed)...

Last edited:
It may be bullshit to you, and whoever else partook in the help 7yrs ago--- I stated ""it may happen in the future, but right now it ain't happenin'!!!"" Especially now that most funding for such projects is now gone ( NOVA in particular ), which further brings the urgency to get more "users" involved in maintenance/self-policing, etc....
we've been up there workin' our asses off for more than a few yrs, and when the loggers destroyed the section of L mainline, we rose a big stink; and in return we are getting some more challenging stuff back, albeit nothing new or that would slow yours and buck's rigs, or any rigs that are built, but it beats a logging road...:awesomework: I can only hope that the buggy guys would help out for the greater cause, or as you put "for the sake of all":cool:, to keep what little we have left open ( not saying you don't help, but sure comes off negative by what's typed)...

I agree with the Asshole in the buggy.

Thanks for the info about walker. That sucks about how DNR controls even the skill building area. I want to say good job with all the effort put in down there at walker. Guys, no attitude here just curious about what the deal is. I will stay away from the skill building area until it is open to the public, I had no idea it was off limits.

Thanks for the info about walker. That sucks about how DNR controls even the skill building area. I want to say good job with all the effort put in down there at walker. Guys, no attitude here just curious about what the deal is. I will stay away from the skill building area until it is open to the public, I had no idea it was off limits.

Appreciate it Buck.:awesomework: Just as soon as it becomes officially opened, you will here about it!!!!:cool: As for DNR controlling Walker, it actually goes all the way to Olympia... that's the way the game is played---if people don't play by the rules set by them, that's what leads to further restriction/closure...:booo:

Went up there and checked it out, looks pretty good. There are a few lines I want to try before it gets dug out to the point a small wheelbase can't crawl up it anymore.

Sadly, someone had already pulled your fence down on the top half and drove through it. We stitched it back together but it will probably be pulled down again.

The big white rock on Jeep Cross has gotten awfully dug out, and a Expressway is a bit more dug out then before. But the trail is in good shape, nice work.

Threw some pictures on-line at http://picasaweb.google.com/CrawlersNW/4thOfJulyWeeekend2009# Nothing of the new areas though, was busy driving. :D

Hey Kris! Thanks for tryin to mend the fencing!!! It's actually DNR's fence, and you and I both know it's only there to keep the honest peeps honest! :rolleyes: I, too, noticed the expressway rock is getting more dug out. BTW, who's that in yer pics that floppded???

That was Derrick, new guy to the club. It popped out of gear when climbing up to the gravel pit. So yea, not even on the trail proper when it happened. But that makes two rigs we have rolled at Walker now.

I was tempted to gun the expressway and see if I bounced over or not, but I just finished painting the SJ and the fates would be laughing if rolling it was my first body damage on the new paint job. Shouldn't tempt the fates. :D