• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wallace Lake hike 5-24-09 ('09 Trip #2)

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
The GF and I hiked up to the lake today, soaked in some sun and sights this morning. Did a loop hike up the Greg Ball trail, to the lake , back down the DNR road. It started getting a bit warm on the way back down, but the view from the road was great. Pics to follow... :awesomework: MAN, there were entirely WAY to many people goign up there when we got back down, the parking lot was a ZOO! (not that there's anything wrong with lots of people enjoying the outdoors, i am just selfish. :fawkdancesmiley::haha:)

PICS:

IMG_5921.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5926.jpg

IMG_5932.jpg

IMG_5939.jpg

These are sorta stitched together......sorta...:redneck:

IMG_5953.jpg
IMG_5952.jpg
IMG_5951.jpg

Last edited:
The GF and I hiked up to the lake today, soaked in some sun and sights this morning. Did a loop hike up the Greg Ball trail, to the lake , back down the DNR road. It started getting a bit warm on the way back down, but the view from the road was great. Pics to follow... :awesomework: MAN, there were entirely WAY to many people goign up there when we got back down, the parking lot was a ZOO! (not that there's anything wrong with lots of people enjoying the outdoors, i am just selfish. :fawkdancesmiley::haha:)

Me and the wife did that yesterday...up the Woody Trail to the upper falls and then on up to the road, over to the lake and then down the Greg Bail trail and woody to the parking lot. There were a **** load of people, pets, kids, strollers, Japanese tourists, etc...when we hit the Woody trail on the way back at about 11am.

I had some dude in a little hybrid waiting for about 10 minutes for me to leave my parking spot...I love the way the truck puffs a cloud of black smoke when you start it...I'm sure he liked it to :redneck:

Me and the wife did that yesterday...up the Woody Trail to the upper falls and then on up to the road, over to the lake and then down the Greg Bail trail and woody to the parking lot. There were a **** load of people, pets, kids, strollers, Japanese tourists, etc...when we hit the Woody trail on the way back at about 11am.

I had some dude in a little hybrid waiting for about 10 minutes for me to leave my parking spot...I love the way the truck puffs a cloud of black smoke when you start it...I'm sure he liked it to :redneck:

What time were you guys on the GB trail heading back down? I wonder if we maybe ran into you guys on our way up... :eeek: if you guys were back at the parking lot at 11am, it was probably you guys that we passed about halfway up the GB trail, cus we didn't run into anyone else coming down. If so...:hi:

And ya, there were SO many Japanese tourists/weekend warriors in that first 1 mile strech it was rediculous and a Messican family that posted up shop at the bike trail junction off the woody trail... noisy.....:looser:

What time were you guys on the GB trail heading back down? I wonder if we maybe ran into you guys on our way up... :eeek: if you guys were back at the parking lot at 11am, it was probably you guys that we passed about halfway up the GB trail, cus we didn't run into anyone else coming down. If so...:hi:

And ya, there were SO many Japanese tourists/weekend warriors in that first 1 mile strech it was rediculous and a Messican family that posted up shop at the bike trail junction off the woody trail... noisy.....:looser:

I think we went through before the Taco stand got put up :redneck:

Can't remember what time, we were both in shorts and I was wearing one of these

Last edited:
I too gave up the wheels for a hike with the woman. I headed up to Lake Serene. It was really cool and the views of Reiter were amazing on the way up. You can see the whole area:awesomework:

I helped build the last 2 miles of the greg ball trail. Glad its getting good use

Latest posts