• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WannaBee

Really nice work... You have a great way of turning your ideas into functional metal...:cool:

A lot of what you build has that... Like the **** I watched guys build before the internet... **** my dad and his buddies built...:awesomework:

Very cool...

Very cool build brad. I was wondering since you are going to all this trouble why not make it an extended cab fj45? it is cool the way it is too. :awesomework:

Very cool build brad. I was wondering since you are going to all this trouble why not make it an extended cab fj45? it is cool the way it is too. :awesomework:

I have seen a few extracab 45s built.

Two reasons why.

First, its butt ugly. Reminds me of when people make ecabs out of old 60 fords and chevys, it just looks weird.

Second, its a PITA. If ya look at the roof cutdown, I cut the roof side panels where it is the easiest to join them with one seam while keeping it as long as I could.

If I was going to make a ecab one, I would just sheet over the rear wheelwells and add a pu box behind the tub. That would be just as ugly but alot easier.

Plus I am shooting to keep it under 110 WB. Im only 5,10 and fit just fine with lots of room.

It looks way better now that he cut all the **** off, his pictures made it look way better than it was.
You're doing exactly what I wanted short of linking the rear, can't wait to see this thing done and maybe out on the trail someday.

Keep up the awesome work Brad :awesomework:
Thanks Kev, its coming together quick and as planned. Thanks for the deal on the cruiser. As promised I told ya I would post up build progress. It has a good home here.:cool:

Really nice work... You have a great way of turning your ideas into functional metal...:cool:

A lot of what you build has that... Like the **** I watched guys build before the internet... **** my dad and his buddies built...:awesomework:

Very cool...
Thanks Louie.:awesomework: I like ol school kinda stuff. Screw what everybody else is doin. We kinda build alike.:redneck: Im still trying to talk the ol lady into letting me bring home a bus to cut on!! I like the bus.:cool:
Hell ya ,uv been busy getrdone like always good work,whats new...

:cool:
Thanks Mike. Thats why its been so tuff to get to tacoma and get parts the last few days.
Very cool build brad. :awesomework:
Thanks Sean, I been blowin alot of black boogers each night. Its been a dirty job!:redneck:

Got a couple bed tubes in place. I used a holesaw in the back wall of the cab so I could push the tube through it and reach the cage tubing.

Attachments

• IMG_1431.JPG
    IMG_1431.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_1434.JPG
    IMG_1434.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 346
Made a panel for the back of the cab out of recycled aluminum sheet. Shizzy is historical.

Attachments

• IMG_1432.JPG
    IMG_1432.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_1435.JPG
    IMG_1435.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 343
Got some more done on the bed today. Hope to get it all filled in with bracing tomorrow. Would also like to start getting alum panels on and springs hung too.

Attachments

• IMG_1441.JPG
    IMG_1441.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_1444.JPG
    IMG_1444.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 527
This thing's turnin' out pretty sweet---definitely one of a kind....:awesomework:
Not too sure about the flow of the fender hoops to the rear hoop, but hey, I'm sure you gots a plan...:D

Got a few more tubes in for some bracing. Still need to brace the fender bars and start on paneling and getting the keg ready for fuel. Ill be adding a sump and pickup/fittings on it for fuel.

Attachments

• IMG_1447.JPG
    IMG_1447.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_1449.JPG
    IMG_1449.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 461
Got the front half of the cage done tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_1468.JPG
    IMG_1468.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_1469.JPG
    IMG_1469.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_1472.JPG
    IMG_1472.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 388