• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Weber on 20R Q

I dont see how to get the fast idle solenoid to work right. Also, I hope there is a throttle position sensor on the 2.2 GM throttle body and it wires similar to this??...

I have to buy:
1. their megasquirt control module (couple different models, getting intouch with them to find out what would work best from me).

2. throttle body (2.2 GM or whatever)

3. fuel pump, lines

4. sensors (MAP, O2, coolant temp, air temp,)

5. wire and connectors to hook everything up.

Then with a laptop you program the megasquirt module....

Sorry, didn't mean to put you on the spot like that. Was just reading up on this megasquirt system and its starting to sound more and more doable.

if you want to make it efi. I have the write on what need to be done to the head to do it.

zig80toy said:
Except my 22R/20R hybrid produces way more power...
ditto. i've got more money into my 22RE and it's a turd compared to the old school 20/22 in my yellow truck...

i did a little looking into megasquirt as well as SDS and several other standalone EFI systems. mainly because i wanted to be different, not necessarily the most practical. out of the box i think SDS would be the easiest to set up but it's a little pricey as well.

also looked into a old GM 2.0 or 2.2 TBI setup. they came on the cavliers and were fuel-only, i think they just relied on a TPS and maybe an O2 sensor, no crank position sensors or anything like that. i think it's been years since i looked into that, so i could be wrong.

and crash, early 22R engines came in both double(81-82) and single(83-84) variants :flipoff:

Latest posts