• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

weight capacity for a 4 cylinder

supsa

Towing a dry tent trailer. The hitch rates 3k but don't think the yj can do that. I think the dry weight is 1100lbs. Any ideas?

Get a truck.

Towing with an anemic short wheelbase jeep is not recommended on the highway. Around the farm sure, but keep it off road.

You'll be fine.
Towing capacity of that rig should be around 2500#.
It'll be underpowered, squirely handling, and stop crappy.
All of that will be made WORSE if you have a lift, or oversized tires.
Drive like grandpa, and you'll be fine.

Make sure to replace the timing belt at 60K, and every 60K thereafter. :cool:
It's important.

Dude, you not a very good salesman. You should of said when it blows up come see me. I have a new Kia with a $100k warranty. :awesomework:

EDIT: But yes what TreeClimber said is very true. Because if that sucker breaks, so does your wallet.

My '86 MJ longbox with 2.5 and TBI hauled 6,000 lbs to Ouray and back

I once carried a 8000 pound, stretched, 15 passanger van, with a rear-mounted wheel chair lift. I did this on my a 5300 pound payload trailer.

That doesn't make it very wise.

(And for you math freaks, the trailer has 7000# GVW axles, and it weighs 1700#, ergo it has a 5300# payload)

Dude, you not a very good salesman. .
Sometimes the best sales pitch, is an honest sales pitch.

You wouldn't believe how often we scrap out the Rios, because some (ignorant) customer didn't pay a couple $$ for a T-belt, and it broke & took out the engine.

I've warned a few folks, who didn't bother believing me, and it was fun to watch them squirm while trying (unsuccessfully) to get it warranteed. Then they want me to pay off thier loan ballance on a car that's worth (essentially) nothing with a $4-5000 shop bill.

Sometimes the best sales pitch, is an honest sales pitch.

You wouldn't believe how often we scrap out the Rios, because some (ignorant) customer didn't pay a couple $$ for a T-belt, and it broke & took out the engine.

I've warned a few folks, who didn't bother believing me, and it was fun to watch them squirm while trying (unsuccessfully) to get it warranteed. Then they want me to pay off thier loan ballance on a car that's worth (essentially) nothing with a $4-5000 shop bill.

i know what ur talking about a friend went up 62k and broke his 1800bucks later he tells me the same thing..thanks