• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Welder gun trouble!!

Fattz

i have a situation with my hobart. there is a piece of wire stuck in the gun about mid way i'm wondering if there is some technique to get the line cleared? any one run into this problem? is there any fix for this problem or do i have to buy a new gun?

Can you disengage your rollers and pull the wire out from the feeder end?

Or are you saying there is a 3" lenth of wire stuck in the liner somewhere?(wich is essentially impossable)

just call up your local welding supply shop and get a new liner for your lead. they aren't fun to replace but it's cheaper than buying a new lead.

yep there is a piece of wire stuck somewhere in the middle of the gun. i can reach it and i tried to run a length of wire through both ends to push it out with no luck. i borrowed a buddys gun to finish up what i was welding. i didn't know you could replace the center section of the gun. i will check central welding this week and see if they have the center in stock hopefully so.

thanks for the help.

if its just the liner i have one, i messed my whip up by pulling the welder around by it and damaged the ground cable so i had to buy a whole new whip. the liner part is still good though.

ill let ya have it for half what a new one is....

it is a tweeko came from a hobart 180 handler.

saturday and sunday are my shop days so id say bring your lead over and we will make sure i have everything you actually need. price a new one and we will figure something out that works for both of us im sure.

PM me a number and we will talk.