• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Welders...

--toyguy--- said:
if you think you will be welding for a while pony up and buy the miller 210 and never need another welder. until you need TIG.

I have heard nothing but good things about the miller 210. Looks like this is what im going to shoot for. It is a little expensive but i like not ever having to upgrade again. Thanks for the info guys. :cheer:
If anyone has experienced/heard of, any problems with miller welders i would like to hear about it. Also, is there somewhere besides craigslist that sells used welders?:gunsmilie:

SCOOTER said:
I tend to be a "true blue" guy myself.....I have a Miller 200 that I bought in 1991 and it has never let me down so far..:cheer: ..(Danng 15 yrs)..I should buy another one just cause I owe it to myself....

Dude what part of never let me down in 15 years are you missing????:redneck: I guess I should have said MillerMATIC 200 ( the 210's daddy) so the newbs wouldn't think I was talking about a BUZZBOX.............carry on.OH one more thing Mine was 1750 out the door with a bottle, regulator,spool of .035 and a mask in 1991...so the price is not bad in todays standards

Last edited:
zig80toy said:
Holly :****: The Miller 210 is 1,634 bucks on their website. http://www.millerwelds.com/products/mig/millermatic_210/

Is there any retail place around here or on the web i should be checking for better prices?

I bought my 210 through CyberWeld.com for about $1200 shipped. :cool: The 175 would have worked for my needs but I tend to keep things for a long time and knew that I wouldn't outgrow the 210. I've been really happy w/ it.

- Chris

hey I know the lincoln's and miller's are the best but if your looking for something to start with thats cheap and works good. I have two friends that bought the Atd 130amp 120volt welder and used it for atleast 10years. before upgrading to a better welder. They are very simple to use and weld very well for the price around $400. heres one I found with a quick search.
http://www.costplustools.com/store-...rofessional-120-Volt-Mig-Welder_19914162.html

ill agree with the masses here and say the millermatic 210 is a kick ass machine. but here at school we only use lincolns. we use the lincoln power mig 255, all digital....its a bad bitch! then for tig welding we run the precision tig 185. im pretty pleased with the lincolns. o and just go big fromthe bigging, they do it all, even the thin stuff....just gotta run smaller wire

whats the opinion on the Lincoln 135.... "WeldPak 3200" from HomeDepot?

seems to be a HOT little welder. anyone use one?

I also have a miller 210.It works awesome.I also have a little mac tools miller 135 ibought off the truck 4 years ago and it still works great.I dont use it much anymore now that i have the 210. Millers rock!!!!:redneck:

for a first welder all I can say is get it from a WELDING STORE, that is all

110 is fine but don't get it from HF or Home Depot or KMART etc..

i have a buisness account at the airgas in woodinville, and i could get a price on a welder for you if you wanted. i personally have a miller Syncrowave 250 dx Tig/Stick setup with a CK200 torch and the build in water cooler. it kicks serious ass. i would recommend the miller 210 or 251 also, the 210's i have beat on countless times either at friends houses or at my old school. if i remember tomarrow, i'll call and get a price on the 210.

MarcW said:
i have a buisness account at the airgas in woodinville, and i could get a price on a welder for you if you wanted. i personally have a miller Syncrowave 250 dx Tig/Stick setup with a CK200 torch and the build in water cooler. it kicks serious ass. i would recommend the miller 210 or 251 also, the 210's i have beat on countless times either at friends houses or at my old school. if i remember tomarrow, i'll call and get a price on the 210.

yeah, yeah, let me know how much. I would be interested:cheer:

I have gotten three welders recently and started out with the esab 260 multimaster was a decent welder but i wound up trading it off when i got my tig welder, just recently got another mig setup and went with a esab. It is a nice welder imo granted I like the millers best but the price on the esab got me (gotta love ebay) I also have a ltech at work that i have and it is a damn nice one got it as a trade in model from a highschool and the thing will flat lay pretty beads :D

Personally i like miller best, but if your playing around the house imo alot will work. I have had one of the clark welders and didn't care for it but they are a good deal for the money.

Toyoda said:
anyone hear anything about the Schumacher welders? Pretty cheap prices

Mauler has been running a 180 Shumacher for at least 5 years...and the welds it's done have held just fine.

It's now sitting in my garage where it's getting even more use :redneck:

I started out with a century 110, then to a Hobart 135, Miller 175, and now a Miller 210. The Miller brand of welders will always get my cash, as I have been very happy with their performance.:clappy: