• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

welding an IFS front diff :haha:

MIG'DHORSE

:haha:

well i think memorial day will be the last time my toyota is wheeled in its somewhat original form. i feel like breaking some ****. anyone weld up the toy IFS front end, and wheel it? can it be done? i've never pulled apart the front end. easy? hard? i'm too lazy to figure it out myself just let me know if youve done it. thanks.:awesomework:

lol.:haha:

ive heard about the IFS cv axles actually being pretty strong. i wanna really beat the IFS before it's all cut off. it would be interesting to be fully locked for that weekend too. i'm also tossing in my marlin 4.7 case. thus creating the most capable ifs rig i can.:redneck:

Since carsh wouldn't do it, I say go for it! Drive it like a rental wheeler!!

i'll get it on film too. lets see just how inferior IFS is to SA. everyone bitches about it, then cuts it off without giving it a chance...

flex is for yoga fags, so lets see what happens. the goal is to weld it up and run a bunch of reiter, and camp up there from saturday to monday.

The inner axel shafts are going to go Boom!

Make sure you can isolate the pasenger front tire and limp out on a broken inner shaft.

It go boom boom...if the shafts hold then that puny 7.5" ring gear is going to chip teeth like an old man chewing on rocks

i did it on my daily driver 91 toyota that I ran for a while, steering sucked but it went a lot better then unlocked :redneck:. Oh yeh never broke any geers or axles but just ran it in the mud for the most part :kissmyass:

im only running 31" dunlop at's that dont hook up worth a damn. when the shafts or ring gear goes boom, it's unlock the hubs time and limp home in 2wd.

how big of a bitch is pulling this diff apart?

im only running 31" dunlop at's that dont hook up worth a damn. when the shafts or ring gear goes boom, it's unlock the hubs time and limp home in 2wd.

how big of a bitch is pulling this diff apart?

Hard part is removing it--rest simple...

Had a friend in high school who welded his 93 toyota pickup front and rear, ran it on 35" boggers and beat the **** out of it. Try it what do you have to lose.

thats the plan. im just worried about how annoying it will be to take this diff out. we'll see.:stirpot: :stirpot:

it's a bitch i promise you, easier to cut it all out at once,fuk unbolting **** :fawkdancesmiley: see you on the trail:stirpot: :cool: your cases are going to save your cv's:rolleyes: :haha: :beer: when are you takin this thing out?

definetly a good day job. and once you weld the front end i give it one solid day of wheeling before you blow something up:awesomework: with that said...DO WORK:redneck:

The IFS front is silly easy to take out to weld it....
As long as you dont bind it at a full turn it will suprize you on how long it will last....

it's a bitch i promise you, easier to cut it all out at once,fuk unbolting **** :fawkdancesmiley: see you on the trail:stirpot: :cool: your cases are going to save your cv's:rolleyes: :haha: :beer: when are you takin this thing out?

i know... but i thought i'd give it a chance before i torch it all off. takin it out to reiter memorial day. gonna be up there with a fire barrel and a group of mostly stock rigs just havin a good time. grilling some brats, camping, brews. wanna come along?

definetly a good day job. and once you weld the front end i give it one solid day of wheeling before you blow something up:awesomework: with that said...DO WORK:redneck:

DO WORK! ya we'll see how long it lasts.:D

The IFS front is silly easy to take out to weld it....
As long as you dont bind it at a full turn it will suprize you on how long it will last....

sweet deal. the true test of the IFS will be in 2 weeks-ish.:awesomework:

perhaps i should cut the fenders and bolt up my 40's.:redneck:

JK.

i know... but i thought i'd give it a chance before i torch it all off. takin it out to reiter memorial day. gonna be up there with a fire barrel and a group of mostly stock rigs just havin a good time. grilling some brats, camping, brews. wanna come along?

DO WORK! ya we'll see how long it lasts.:D

sweet deal. the true test of the IFS will be in 2 weeks-ish.:awesomework:

perhaps i should cut the fenders and bolt up my 40's.:redneck:

JK.

i think i am heading to moses to go rip up the sand but if plans change i will be there:cool: :beer:

and you have to put the 40's on:awesomework: i am sure they will give you a much cleaner brake on you cv then the dinky tires you got on now:; :haha:

:beer:

update on how it works i did it to my 89 toy truck and havent tryed besides once on pavement no turning hahaha ive had the rear welded its nice would like to hear how it holds up been waitin to take mine out too much snow still!:beer: :beer: :corn: :corn: