• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What are the odds? 02 technology?

skipnrocks

I am getting an 02 sensor code on my buggy. Code 13 on the all knowing blinking light. Its a new sensor I was wondering what the odds its not working and needs replaced? Any help would be fantastic.

I'm not sure I understand. I have headers to dual exhaust with rubber hangers. Is that what your asking? It should be grounded through the header bolts?

Re:

People with open hears or short exhaust have issues. Sometimes the location of the O2 sensor is the problem. That is why I ask.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Do you suspect the 02 sensor is bad or it's just throwing a code? If you recently replaced the sensor and it worked for a while then quit look for chafed and grounded wires all the way back to the connector then to the controller. Check both connections for loose wires or pins at the controller. If the sensor is bad the first thing to suspect is moisture, make sure the bung is as top side in the pipe as you can get it. If the sensor was old I would say to clean it with non-ethanol gas soaked overnight and scrubbed with the wife's tooth brush, before replacing, the sensor not the toothbrush. Otherwise they are pretty tough about the only other fail cause is a spike in power, they work on very low power something like 0-5v and signal back to the controller where the circuit is completed thru the grounding of the controller. Which brings up a good point, check your grounds for the controller. Holley mandates ground to a head and recommends a jumper to the other head. RTR

Latest posts