• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What are you paying for DOM? Do you need any?

adamp

So I've noticed that steel prices have started to inch up in the last month or two. I talked to a couple of my vendors and they told me they are climbing very slowly and will continue to do so. Enough so that it justified them warning me to be careful quoting some of these jobs that require me to stand behind the price for a while. Basically while I'm still getting ok prices this week, I'm considering doing a very large purchase as a mass buy for some people if there is enough interest and I'll sit on the rest to get the price down a little further. Probably a few hundred sticks.

I personally need a bunch of 1.750" OD X .120" wall. If anyone is wanting to save a few bucks on some I'm ok with buying as much as we all need and then some.

I'm down to buy multiple sizes. I need some link material and some thicker 1.750" OD for some parts so I'm cool with buying bulk if I can help out.

I also travel all over the southeast and Midwest regularly for work and typically have a large gooseneck trailer with some extra space.

What I'm looking for is what sizes everyone is interested in, what you typically pay for it, where you are, and how much you need or if you're just testing the waters on pricing. I just need to know what you're typically paying for it so I can see how much I have to purchase to substaitially beat your prices and justify buying $10k+ in DOM tubing all at once. It will just help me wheel and deal with my vendors and lock down the best price.

Hopefully it's worth my effort to save everyone some money.

So how would you work this deal?? You front the purchase and folks pay when they pick up or you meet them?
You might get more interest if folks know how/what you expect from the $ side of things. Most are going to be VERY leery of putting $ up front...

Yeah sorry. I will purchase all of it upfront. I'm just feeling out the demand for it to justify the purchase. I only expect so much commitment. I can take cash, credit/debit cards, and PayPal.

I also forgot to mention I'm in Knoxville, TN

untchabl said:
Just bought some yesterday.

1.50"x.120" was $3.19 foot
2.00"x.250" was $5.59 foot
Thanks for confirming just how bad I got ass raped, I needed 12' of 2.00x2.50 and paid 13 bucks a foot for it!

Last DOM purchase I made was in late March. I've heard the same that steel prices are rising with the oil prices.

1.75 x 0.120 = $2.47/ft (purchased 240')
2.00 x 0.250 = $5.79/ft (purchased 160')
1.50 x 0.250 = $3.73/ft (purchased 20')
1.00 x 0.120 = $1.42/ft (purchased 20')

Derek12v said:
Last DOM purchase I made was in late March. I've heard the same that steel prices are rising with the oil prices.

1.75 x 0.120 = $2.47/ft (purchased 240')
2.00 x 0.250 = $5.79/ft (purchased 160')
1.50 x 0.250 = $3.73/ft (purchased 20')
1.00 x 0.120 = $1.42/ft (purchased 20')

Derek, where did you pick that up at? My local prices are nearly twice that high. I'm always interested in keeping stock and I probably need to buy a lot of various tube, sheet ect..
I would also be interested in getting a part of any large order depending on price and meeting location. I'm down in Pensacola so my trips north with a trailer are limited. I will be headed to Chocco in 3 weeks but no plans to go farther north for a few more months.

The-Boss said:
Derek, where did you pick that up at? My local prices are nearly twice that high. I'm always interested in keeping stock and I probably need to buy a lot of various tube, sheet ect..
I would also be interested in getting a part of any large order depending on price and meeting location. I'm down in Pensacola so my trips north with a trailer are limited. I will be headed to Chocco in 3 weeks but no plans to go farther north for a few more months.

That was from Ryerson with a corporate account before tax.

I just bought a piece of 2 inch ,25 wall dom 7 feet long last sat and cost me almost a hundo, whats bullshit is scap is still in the shitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zukimaster said:
Thanks for confirming just how bad I got ass raped, I needed 12' of 2.00x2.50 and paid 13 bucks a foot for it!

Got that thru our company account at work but according to the person I talked to on the phone, it didn't change the price very much. And that was delivered, I actually just unloaded it off the delivery truck.

I just bought a couple 22' sticks of 1.75 .120 wall for a little under $85/stick delivered locally...didn't think that was too shabby considering I don't buy much

I'm in Michigan but I buy through my shop. Just paid $55 for 20ft of 1.75 x .120 Dom. Doesn't matter if I buy one stick or 50. They deliver daily

Fixing to buy 10 sticks of 1 3/4 x 120, 5 sticks of 1 3/4 x 188, and 2 sticks of 2" x 250 DOM. Can anyone on here tell me the best place to go for a deal. I live in Kentucky and don't mind to drive for the right deal. Thanks