• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What are you planning to get for Christmas for kids?

Domagoj

What are you planning to get for Christmas for kids? Last Christmas we have bought clothes, but they really wanted something cooler you could see it in their eyes. So, this year we want to buy them something special, something we all can play. We are thinking about some game or trampoline. Can you write your plans, you may help me with the choice.

My 12yr old son asked for pellet pistol. I asked if a 22 would be ok. He has 410 and 22 rifle already. Not sure what the girls want (11 and 5). Pretty sure all are getting clothes and possible some type of shoes, 5yr old wants cowgirl boots.

my kid is 2.5

so far we haven't really bought him any gifts for christmas or birthdays. Not really planning to get him anything this year.

I did put my bonus check in his 529 savings account

A big swift kick in the butt if they don't straighten up.... Lol... Two teenage girls... There mother will handle that... My 13 year old son wants another gun to hunt with... Thinking about a 30-06

My 16 month old daughter is getting a 6 volt Barbie Quad and some other small items. My 5 year old son is getting an electric scooter, Hot Wheels Ultimate Garage, and whatever else his grandparents get him.

We spoil them...and we know it. That won't change until they give us a reason...that means they stay on the right path.

clemsonjeep said:
My 16 month old daughter is getting a 6 volt Barbie Quad and some other small items. My 5 year old son is getting an electric scooter, Hot Wheels Ultimate Garage, and whatever else his grandparents get him.

We spoil them...and we know it. That won't change until they give us a reason...that means they stay on the right path.

So, y'all ****ers are telling me there isn't a Santa Claus. WTF.

Got my 7 year old girl a suzuki 250 4 wheeler. She out grew the cheap knock off.
She got a ttr 50 dirt bike last year.
She ask for a new gun "like daddy's" she has a cricket 22 but she loves shooting my ar 15
Who needs a boy when your girl loves evertyhing outdoors.

Domagoj said:
What are you planning to get for Christmas for kids? Last Christmas we have bought clothes, but they really wanted something cooler you could see it in their eyes. So, this year we want to buy them something special, something we all can play. We are thinking about some game or trampoline. Can you write your plans, you may help me with the choice.

Welcome to Hardline. Where ya from and how old's yer kids?

We are gonna buy the 9 year old boy a Nintendo Switch and some other odd and end ****. I thought about getting him a .22 caliber AR rifle and some good plinking targets to set up in the back yard, but I think we are gonna spend enough on him already.

We've been wanting to get him a small fourwheeler (he is not interested in dirt bikes), but will probably wait until his 10th birthday in May for that. Trying to decide whether to buy one of them Coolster 125cc atv's for $850, or try to find a used Honda Recon 250 for under $1500. I know the Recon will last, but might be a bit much for his first ATV.

11 year old son wanted to build his own computer. So he design an researched it all by himself. Had a budget an he came in 50$ over budget... didn't think that was to bad only being 50 over. **** my buggy build was 3grand over

Jonah will be 6 months, he will get a couple diapers changed and some food. Haha

Anyone looking for a 22 rifle, I highly recommend a m&p ar. I just bought one for myself and I absolutely love it, very fun to shoot.

My girls are older now ( Early 20s ) so it's cash or I'll pay their car insurance for the month...... I sure do miss Christmas when they were young. So those of you with young ones, cherish this time of year cause time moves fast and before you know it their adults.

Now I gotta just wait for some grand kids.

Wife and I don't have kids, we have god sons/ daughters...
All under 10 years old, toys and fun stuff.
The nieces and nephews get gift cards so we know they will enjoy.

Best part is seeing them open, and then go outside and play, kids here love outdoors.

Nice seeing that instead of kids glued to electronics or tv.

8 year old is getting a 1991 XR80 and the 4 year old is getting a 1991 Z50. That's it. Santa will get them a little something and they will get some clothes and books and stuff but the dirt bikes are pretty much their Christmas. All the grandparents have specific pieces of safety gear they are buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to convince my wife we don't need to do much. I'd rather raise humble kids that appreciate stuff than the entitled little shits most people raise. The grandparents get them a lot and they have toys all over the house. Eventually they have enough stuff. Plus, they are 4 and 1 and it's still early enough to not build this expectation that they wake up to $1k of stuff every Christmas morning.

Markrobinson said:
I'm trying to convince my wife we don't need to do much. I'd rather raise humble kids that appreciate stuff than the entitled little shits most people raise. The grandparents get them a lot and they have toys all over the house. Eventually they have enough stuff. Plus, they are 4 and 1 and it's still early enough to not build this expectation that they wake up to $1k of stuff every Christmas morning.
Good luck

TacomaJD said:
I have worked on the Chinese stuff and a few recons. If you want it to hold up get the honda. Yamaha has a 125 breeze that is nice too and they hold up well. If you cant get a chinese atv for next to nothing it can be ok but they tend to nickel and dime you to death. I recommend the honda recon or a 2003 and newer Yamaha bear tracker or Yamaha grizzly. I did a topend on a 250 bear tracker early this year for <$60. Whatever you get make sure to get front disc brakes.