• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What are you planning to get for Christmas for kids?

TacomaJD said:
Welcome to Hardline. Where ya from and how old's yer kids?

We are gonna buy the 9 year old boy a Nintendo Switch and some other odd and end ****. I thought about getting him a .22 caliber AR rifle and some good plinking targets to set up in the back yard, but I think we are gonna spend enough on him already.

We've been wanting to get him a small fourwheeler (he is not interested in dirt bikes), but will probably wait until his 10th birthday in May for that. Trying to decide whether to buy one of them Coolster 125cc atv's for $850, or try to find a used Honda Recon 250 for under $1500. I know the Recon will last, but might be a bit much for his first ATV.

Get him a honda 90 or atc 70. Those rascals have much more power then you'd think. They can pull a 200lb adult around with no issues.

Re: Re: What are you planning to get for Christmas for kids?

Markrobinson said:
I'm trying to convince my wife we don't need to do much. I'd rather raise humble kids that appreciate stuff than the entitled little shits most people raise. The grandparents get them a lot and they have toys all over the house. Eventually they have enough stuff. Plus, they are 4 and 1 and it's still early enough to not build this expectation that they wake up to $1k of stuff every Christmas morning.
We did this same kinda thing. My boys are 2 & 5. We don't get them but a few things. Grandparents get them alot. We also tell them that Santa doesn't bring presents, and Christmas is about Jesus. Funny how strong the Santa belief seems to be instilled in them.

Elliott said:
Anyone looking for a 22 rifle, I highly recommend a m&p ar. I just bought one for myself and I absolutely love it, very fun to shoot.

X2 !!! You can shoot all day for like $0.03, and that's with no breaks, sun up to sun down.

We're getting Cory (13) a Minkah Fitzpatrick jersey and a Toronto Raptors jersey (he wants it but NONE of us watch bassitbaw?)

RJ (5) wants a Pekka Rinne jersey, nerf gun with mask and vest, and Yeti in my Spaghetti.

My 12 yr old daughter is getting a 10-22 that I found a good deal on. I picked up the BX trigger for it & have a scope ordered.
She has shot plenty but this will be the 1st gun of her own. Aside from bb guns
8dc67853917c2259d3ff5f09a2dcf7ea.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not really sure what my other 4 kids are getting yet, but my oldest (11 year old girl) is getting a $350 softball bat since hers busted a couple of weeks ago.

There will be less than or equal to 400 bucks spent on the kids. 800 is given away to someone or something deserving.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Not a damn thing. My kids are 2 & 4 and I have never bought either one of them anything over $25 and have bought them less than 10 things in their lives. Everyone else will get them more than enough I promise you. A lot of kids these days want for nothing and appreciate nothing, I feel no need to enable that.

muddinmetal said:
Not a damn thing. My kids are 2 & 4 and I have never bought either one of them anything over $25 and have bought them less than 10 things in their lives. Everyone else will get them more than enough I promise you. A lot of kids these days want for nothing and appreciate nothing, I feel no need to enable that.

Good for you. (Not sarcastic) That is one of the best things I've heard.

Between Thanksgiving and Christmas we usually take half of the boys' old toys and give them away. We let them pick which ones. The boys are very charitable and kind to others. Last year we gave about 3 HUGE trash bags full to one of my mechanics who has 4 kids, mom is "disabled" >cough-BULLSHIT!-cough< and is very financially irresponsible and had nothing to give the kids. No need for the kids to suffer because mom and dad are morons.

TacomaJD said:
Welcome to Hardline. Where ya from and how old's yer kids?

We are gonna buy the 9 year old boy a Nintendo Switch and some other odd and end ****. I thought about getting him a .22 caliber AR rifle and some good plinking targets to set up in the back yard, but I think we are gonna spend enough on him already.

We've been wanting to get him a small fourwheeler (he is not interested in dirt bikes), but will probably wait until his 10th birthday in May for that. Trying to decide whether to buy one of them Coolster 125cc atv's for $850, or try to find a used Honda Recon 250 for under $1500. I know the Recon will last, but might be a bit much for his first ATV.

Do not buy those Chinese knockoff turd atv's, same goes with the Chinese dirt bikes.

AllGoNoShow said:
Do not buy those Chinese knockoff turd atv's, same goes with the Chinese dirt bikes.
Picked up a new jeep for my little girl here is some teaser pics of the build

8be31f5ee6ea97714f32846d415aa760.jpg
2c1c2f6441d743f95f0584c6f9c87160.jpg
ed3171b46d57515b6c3e800ebea481f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AllGoNoShow said:
Heard the Coolsters are actually decent aside from carb needing cleaned occasionally. A friend of mine bought his daughter one a coouple years ago and its been a good one. There are other brands like Tao Tao, etc. Mayne those are worse? Idk. The way I am about keeping resale, we'll probably try to find a Honda Recon on the cheap. It will be big enough for him to grow into and virtually maintenance free.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
Heard the Coolsters are actually decent aside from carb needing cleaned occasionally. A friend of mine bought his daughter one a coouple years ago and its been a good one. There are other brands like Tao Tao, etc. Mayne those are worse? Idk. The way I am about keeping resale, we'll probably try to find a Honda Recon on the cheap. It will be big enough for him to grow into and virtually maintenance free.

Thats why we went with 20 year old Honda Dirt bikes. We will see......

Setting basement up like a gymnastics gym. climbing net, floor mats, balance beam, some big padded things, wedge, climbing rope, and some other stuff. Then books and clothes.

mna0121 said:
American Auto wire kit, Fab 9" housing and probably Holley digital dash, oh wait! I don't have no kids. Oh well the list has been checked twice. RTR

:D

You Bluetooth the glasses to a little camera in the driver seat.
983022180af48eb6beb0467ec3ea2707.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

Saw that this weekend. Pretty sure you gotta put your smartphone in the glasses or something. Thats how the drones are. So everytime the kid wants to play with it, he/she gotta borrow parent's phone. Lol. No thanks.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Saw that this weekend. Pretty sure you gotta put your smartphone in the glasses or something. Thats how the drones are. So everytime the kid wants to play with it, he/she gotta borrow parent's phone. Lol. No thanks.

It's for me not my spoiled ass kids.
Plus if it's blue tooth I got some old phones laying around