• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what BBs to use for balancing?

Just put some rocks in there. Or wheel more so you get some wood wedged in the bead. It will eventually get to the right spot.

I used plastic airsoft pellets on some 36" Iroks once... didn't really make a difference, and was a big mess when I lost a bead on the trail.

i'm just curious as to wether or not different materials have and drawbacks. i seem to remember reading something a couple years ago about someones BBs turning into dust.:redneck:

I just used bb's. I used copper but it was all I had. I've heard steel ones are better, because the coating doesn't come off.
The wheel (I blew one tire and didn't want to put weights back on like the rest) is good until 40mph, then shakes like hell until 45 and then is smooth again past that. I don't know why that is.

Air soft pellets worked great in my 33" bias swampers too and from the trail. But in my 31" BFG ATs on my daily driver, I hated them- was better with no weights at all.

They work fine when up to speed, but when you brake, turn a corner, speed up, slow down, etc., they take a second to "rebalance" themselves. Not ideal for a DD, but great for a trail rig for to and from the trail.

I used plastic airsoft pellets on some 36" Iroks once... didn't really make a difference, and was a big mess when I lost a bead on the trail.

Well weird, worked good on my bros 36 bias iroks, about 60+ is when it starts vibing from the tires on a sami.

Think we did 8oz of quality airsoft BBs.

I have used the air soft BB's for years. :awesomework:
Sami with 34's & 35's it was a DD & the Toy with 35's, gets driven on road also but not DD both running TRXUS MT's. Yes if you de-bead they get all over, but it sure is nice not having to stop to re-balance your tires on the way home from the trail. :D

I have Dyna beads in my motorcycle street tires, they work great. I think the bike got smoother with the new tires and dyna beads, plus its gets the ugly weights off the rims.

airsoft bbs! !

I run 2500 plastic bbs in each tire. I run 35" maxxis radials on diy beadlocks and the are smooth as butter! In fact they ride better now than before i made the beadlocks. They cause absolutely zero damage to the inside of the tire. Very impressed and highly suggest! :awesomework:

Last edited:
I used plastic airsoft bb's on my old worn 36" bias TSL's and it didn't make a damn bit of difference! With my new 36" bias Iroks on big heavy beadlock wheels I didn't use anything and they run right down the road staright as an arrow!

Big tires dont balance.

Those BBs dont make a shitty tire instantly round.

I gotta bottle of miracle sauce Ill sell ya tho, 2 fer one limited time deal.

Air soft pellets worked great in my 33" bias swampers too and from the trail. But in my 31" BFG ATs on my daily driver, I hated them- was better with no weights at all.

They work fine when up to speed, but when you brake, turn a corner, speed up, slow down, etc., they take a second to "rebalance" themselves. Not ideal for a DD, but great for a trail rig for to and from the trail.

Put 8oz. steel in my 36 tsl's. Didn't make them round but helped out for those 55mph runs back to camp.

My recipe for miracle sauce is one shot glass of steel bb's full for tires under 36" and 2 shots for over 36". Been running bb's in all my wheeler/dd tires for over a decade with good results. No it won't make a tire round but it helps them feel oval rather than square. :redneck: