• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What cells you running?

Are these the same cells from the pack that you reworked? If so they should be the sub C cells. Here are the pics:

P1040610.jpg

P1040612.jpg

I am pretty sure I am running sub c cells. I have been meaning to research this whole battery thing but haven't had the time.

So are the ones you are running les just a tad smaller version of the sub c?

They are quite a bit smaller, here are the dimensions off of cheapbatterypacks.com for the Elite cells.

2/3a
Length: 1.13"
Diameter: 0.66"

Sub C
Length: 1.73"
Diameter: 0.9"

I run a 2/3A setup, but I'm only using a 6 cell pack. I just happen to have some pics of mine measured after I built them.

DSCN0413.jpg

DSCN0414.jpg

DSCN0415.jpg

This is how they were originally mounted...
DSCN0403.jpg

This is how they sit now...
Losibody2.jpg

I was running 8 1400 cells but just switched for orcrc comp today to a Lipo split pack....2200mah 11.1V with a 31.5c rating. Takes up the same amount of room.

I know this sounds like a pitch but....check out some of these, there all lipo split packs.
http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=54

I'm running the 5th one down. It's alot more juice than what you guys are running but the 860mah 11.1v or 2200mah 7.4 split pack would be comparable to what your running in size, power, but would be much lighter. If you click directly on the picture it will give detailed info on that exact pack.

Last edited:
So is the 2/3a a type of cell then?

And I will be running a 6 cell setup..

Jason--Not really ready for lipo's just yet...

just like steppin up from a 22r to a 4.3.:haha: should be real easy for yea Crash...

nice wheel speed with 11.1 volts!!!!:awesomework:

just like steppin up from a 22r to a 4.3.:haha: should be real easy for yea Crash...

nice wheel speed with 11.1 volts!!!!:awesomework:

More like a 22r to a small block.....throw a puller motor in the mix and you have a big block.

Jason--Not really ready for lipo's just yet...

If you remind me I'll bring my 1290mah 11.1 and you can try it in your rig after the next comp....you might be ready.

Can't remember who makes it but there's a little gizmo you can buy now that allows any charger to go lithium ion/poly etc. charge...I'll get more info. I know they had a couple of them at four season's. I just can't remember who makes them.

I set mine up with the 2/3 elite 1500 in a 8 cell split pack and it seems to work good on the front axle and doesn't get in the way. And definitely has quite a bit of punch with the brushless setup

Crash is running the Novak Brushless system? It has an 8.4V limit, unless you run an external BEC and pull the red wire in the harness.:; (but that's a good way to fry his junk so he won't beat you Jason):redneck: :redneck:

Last edited:
I went and ordered enough for 2 packs (7 cell) of the 2/3a 1500 batteries... Dropped more weight from the rig and now it performs even better :awesomework:

I'm trying to decide if I want to get another 8 cell pack or go to a lipo pack. The dang lipo packs don't really fit the way I've got my rig built now...and the 8 cell packs fit perfect. I also thought about adding a couple cells to give 12v to the system...should make the crawlmaster run peppy :D

I'm trying to decide if I want to get another 8 cell pack or go to a lipo pack. The dang lipo packs don't really fit the way I've got my rig built now...and the 8 cell packs fit perfect. I also thought about adding a couple cells to give 12v to the system...should make the crawlmaster run peppy :D

Be VERY carefull when you start adding more cells-- ECS's get a lil mad when you do.....

I opted not to go lipo yet....