• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What Chevy had an 11" diameter, 1" thick rotor, and used 5.5" spread metric calipers?

Freeride

What Chevy had an 11" diameter, 1" thick rotor, and used 5.5" spread metric calipers?

Looking for some metric chevy calipers to use with TJ rotors for a rear disc conversion using the AA mfg weld on caliper mounts.

Monte Carlo, for one... I think. 5.5" is the smaller caliper, right? I have a pair on the rear of the Heep on 1" rotors, from any number of mid-70's chev cars. Common as hell.

Yeah, 5.5" is the newer, smaller GM "Metric" caliper for 1" calipers. I looked at some last night at Schucks for an S10 4x4 Blazer, but they were for 10.5" rotors and I need them to work with 11" rotors. I wonder if the Monte Carlo and other GM cars had 11" rotors....

Freeride said:
Yeah, 5.5" is the newer, smaller GM "Metric" caliper for 1" calipers. I looked at some last night at Schucks for an S10 4x4 Blazer, but they were for 10.5" rotors and I need them to work with 11" rotors. I wonder if the Monte Carlo and other GM cars had 11" rotors....
I don't think it matters. The height of the caliper mount is what determines rotor diameter, not the caliper.

Freeride said:
That's kind of what I was thinking, but the pads are radius'd for a certain diameter rotor aren't they?
Maybe, but that's only 1/4" difference in radius..........

raybestos#5100 is a 11 1/64 diam. 1.035 thick with5on4 3/4 pattern need more info post.this rotor is what they calltype j which is rotor &hub all in one.hope this helps.

rockmike said:
raybestos#5100 is a 11 1/64 diam. 1.035 thick with5on4 3/4 pattern need more info post.this rotor is what they calltype j which is rotor &hub all in one.hope this helps.

Interesting, do you know what rigs used them?