• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what coils to use

sh*#break

I need some soft coils off of something light in the rear end. There is not a whole lot of wieght in the back of my wheeler... any suggestions?

Many years ago I used the rear coils out of a Volvo sedan(IIRC).They were dual rate,kinda long and the part I liked best(over say aerostar coils) was they were narrow in profile...like 4 or 5" across so they didn't take up a bunch of room. I tried a bunch of different coils and those were by far the best...ran them till I took the car apart.......A truggy XJ

Many years ago I used the rear coils out of a Volvo sedan(IIRC).They were dual rate,kinda long and the part I liked best(over say aerostar coils) was they were narrow in profile...like 4 or 5" across so they didn't take up a bunch of room. I tried a bunch of different coils and those were by far the best...ran them till I took the car apart.......A truggy XJ

thanks that was the kind of input i was looking for... any one have some coils out of a volvo?:awesomework:

sorry to be uncertain but I believe they were from an Audi sedan from the early 80's.....Not a Volvo as I believe they were leaf sprung in the rear.

What's light?

TJ's have about 2,000lbs over the back end at most from the factory and the stock springs are usually pretty squishy.