• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do the people of " Hardline" think?

Dwalk said:
It should go back to OLD SCHOOL type of rigs, a lot of people are still wheeling these types of rigs. there are plenty of ALL OUT tube buggy events which in my opinion are boring as hell. TTC has changed their rules once in several years and everybody gets their panties in a wad. SRRS changes their rules at every event for some reason and nobody cares :dunno:

Yea but still who in the hell builds an OLD SCHOOL trail rig to go thru damn lakes and pull ****in dump trucks up hills :gay: AND STUPID

HELL I have not gotten any of those magazines in YEARS anyway ,,,I,ll pick one up at the grocery store and flip thru it ever now and then,,,look at all the JK and west coast **** and then put it back ::)

To some running trough mudholes is gay, to some rock bouncing is gay, to each their own. If you dont like the rules or type of event, dont attend.

In the opening statement in that link to the mags site they stated that most buggy guys don't read it. In part that is why they are looking to exclude the buggy's from the TTC.

The replies in this thread are evidence that they are correct, even with buggy's competing in the comp most dont follow TTC or the mag.

I get what they are looking to do, I personally like it. There are a lot of buggy competitions as said that exclude OEM based trucks and rigs due to capabilities or tech. Giving TTC back to trucks is cool because that is where we all started, with modified trucks.

It also reads that the course is going to be reverted back some to accamodate OEM based trucks. TTC for trucks, and hold a seperate comp on its own date for buggys, Top Buggy Challenge. They can require that TTC have OEM frame from 6" forward from the engine mounts to 12" rearward of seat mounts and TBC can include Truggy's that fall short of those frame requirements to any tube chassis vehicle......

Sam

TBItoy said:
This rig wouldn't even come CLOSE to fitting the new rules. :gay:

All those rigs look like redneck mudder monster trucks. I know/have read about/seen build ups on most of them, and I still think that.

Just because a leaf sprung on 49s can go up some rocks, doesn't mean that it is "good" at it or should be doing it. :flipper:
:flipgotcha: hehe

Run Whatcha Brung.........on 40s or smaller. Put the skill back in it. I quit paying attention to that crap a long time ago, I'm surprised no one has showed up with an M1A1 or a Bradley!!!

They're just trying to please their core audience. We're not their core audience.

A while back I had a contractor with a nice lifted stock Jeep do some work for me. I didn't tell him about the buggy for various reasons. But he ended up having to deliver some large constructs to my shop for storage in the end and he saw the buggy while he was there. At first he was amazed, but then he started picking it over, saying things like, "I can't believe you don't have a set of Brand X LED's on this thing," and "Those wheels would look way cooler if they were chrome," and other stuff like that. I think he honestly left the shop thinking his Jeep was more capable of conquering offroad obstacles than my buggy because I didn't have any of the high-dollar brand-name **** on it whereas his rig is littered with it. (Roof racks, tire racks, shovel brackets, spare gas can racks, tail light covers, LED light bars, etc.) I didn't take offense because it didn't matter that much to me, but it just demonstrated to me how there are COMPLETELY different strokes for different folks.

Personally, I liked having the buggy class. But I wasn't ever that into it to begin with because I'm not their core reader.