• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do you do for a living?.

Deputy Sheriff K9 Handler / SWAT...prior to that, 20 years with Uncle Sams Misguided Children

I can't decide what I want to be when I grow up. I own a tree service and a fabrication/machine shop. I really like doing both compared to any other jobs I've had in the past.

Shop foreman at Knox Trailers. Tired and sore all the time, so busy we can't keep up, working mandatory overtime since June, I'm about ready to quit. I'm planning on going back to school soon to get away from the back breaking ****, probably should keep the job til I graduate.

Spinoff to come...

I tell companies how to put stuff on telephone poles without this happening...
9ff1a87a767caf6853b929d759987753.png

They get an extra step just for touching the ladder.

You wouldn't believe the "steps" I have to put into my designs. Each step tells construction, splicers, or whoever exactly what to do. I have to put an additional step on a job to tell them to clean up when they're done and not leave fiber splice cases dangling from AT&T lines. AND they get paid extra for it.

I'm a remodel contractor. Small fries, but I stay scheduled out 3-6 months all the time. Been at it 20 years, thinking about something different due to the fact I don't want to trash my body (knees/shoulders). Looking in to some other stuff right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beerj said:
Lol. I thought it was unmanly to read the instructions.
I'm not sure that these guys would know how to wipe their a$$ without instructions.

Re: Re: What do you do for a living?.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I sell T-shirts and Make Youtube Videos.
That'll never work! Get a real job and move out of your mom's basement ya bum!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I own a small company that I provide and install kitchen cabinets and bath vanities to new construction home builders , been doing it for the past 20+ years.

I work at a tissue papermill. Make anything to wipe either end of your nasty self's. So anytime you are away from home and out grab an extra handful of napkins, paper towels, or toilet paper for me molaugh molaugh

Re: Re: What do you do for a living?.

civicmindedex79 said:
I work at a tissue papermill. Make anything to wipe either end of your nasty self's. So anytime you are away from home and out grab an extra handful of napkins, paper towels, or toilet paper for me molaugh molaugh
They're building a brand new tissue plant up here and damn it's huge! Never realized how important tissues were. I think it covers like 280 acres.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I do paintless dent repair. Push dents every day of the week. When it hails it's 7 days a week. That's where my handle name came from. During the process of pushing dents, you are essentially bending light in order to repair dents, LightBndr.

This year a lot of you guys got some record breaking storms. We did here as well, southwest of you guys. Been a couple great years in a row.

Absolutely love what I do

I am a Product Manager for an aviation company in Atlanta, GA

Used to be the Regional Sales Manager for Europe and Scandinavia for this same company, and then before that I was a jackman on a NASCAR team for a season

Fell assbackwards into each and every one of them...except the PM spot currently - I pushed hard for that one.

I'm a forestry and natural resources county extension agent for Clemson. I'm responsible for 4 counties in the midlands of SC. Most of my time is spent assisting landowners with managing their property and answering their questions. Another side of the job is putting on educational workshops for professionals (foresters, timber buyers, chemical applicators, etc.) and private landowners. My main areas of interest are in prescribed burning and longleaf pine restoration so I stay busy.

I've seen a few of you mention the crazy stories and people you meet on the job. You'd never believe the stuff that walks into an extension office.

I own a small fab shop, mainly do parts for RR contractor trucks and structural iron. I stay as far away from offroad fab as I can now, the stuff with a print is easier to train a helper to do and the money is essentially guaranteed even if it is 30-45 days away. Lots of job shop/odd stuff/farmer projects etc find their way in the door as I can generally figure anything out. I also farm with my dad and have a little 80 acres of row crop of my own that I keep trying to find more of.
I think I'm going to close the fab shop, my knees are done (had both ACL's done and scopes done in 2012 adn the doc said there's not much left back then.) Its worse now. Thinking of starting an excavating gig, just got a PC200 Komatsu and have a skid and various trucks and trailers. I excavated for 7 years before the fab shop and really enjoyed it, just had no way to own the company as the owner had a son my age.

LightBnDr said:
I do paintless dent repair. Push dents every day of the week. When it hails it's 7 days a week. That's where my handle name came from. During the process of pushing dents, you are essentially bending light in order to repair dents, LightBndr.

This year a lot of you guys got some record breaking storms. We did here as well, southwest of you guys. Been a couple great years in a row.

Absolutely love what I do

I have 2 good buddies that push dents. Nomads. They both seem to eat pretty well. I see the daily checks they pull when they get their own deal set up and its mind blowing to think of a no consumable situation where you can have a few tools, a camper and some patience and pull several grand a day sitting on a stool looking at a panel. Nuts. Greg Sunday and AAron Cline are their names.

blacksheep10 said:
I have 2 good buddies that push dents. Nomads. They both seem to eat pretty well. I see the daily checks they pull when they get their own deal set up and its mind blowing to think of a no consumable situation where you can have a few tools, a camper and some patience and pull several grand a day sitting on a stool looking at a panel. Nuts. Greg Sunday and AAron Cline are their names.
It's possible that I have met Aaron. Met a hundred Gregs and I don't ask last names.

I'm definitely not a nomad. I never chase. Thank God truly that it hails at least every other year here.

My business focuses on local damage and we service dealer ships and body shops. As well as many loyal retail customers. I could make 4 times what I make if I chased but I truly would have no family and would turn to drugs and alcohol to numb the loneliness. Then probably blow that pay increase before the year is over.

Like I say I love what I do and the pay is better than excellent. Most of the time. Lol