• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do you old fawkers use for joint pain?

gasman said:
You should never take ibuprofen that much for that long or even alieve. Extremely hard on stomach and liver. You should consult with your dr about this they are some good nonsteriodal pain killers available and are less harmful to your body. A lot of medicines react with ibuprofen and can really screw your stomach up or cause internal bleeding so if you take any other meds check them out. Hope you get lined out cause it sucks to be in pain. Chad :dblthumb:

Yup, I know it ain't good on your system which is why I hate taking them all the time. I actually spoke with my doctor and asked him about the 1 Ibuprofen a day thing and he said long as you take it with food, you should be fine over long period of time.....but sometimes I don't take it with food. Regardless I'd like to get away from it if possible. I also don't take any other sort of meds, I'm anti doctor/meds unless I'm just out of options.

I'm gonna have to check in on this Glucosamine stuff, never heard of that being used before.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Changing your diet and a little exercise makes more of a difference than anything you could "take." Go get one of those fancy pants engineers lurking around here to do some calculations on what ten extra pounds will do to a joint over the course of a year. My family is riddled with arthritis and the family members with the least amount of pain and discomfort eat well and stay in relatively decent shape.
\

lol Yea I'm def not one to exercise, nor eat healthy...well what most would call healthy anyway. It will take alot for that to change too molaugh

extremetownie said:
I never worked on a concrete floor till about 8 years ago. Then the knees and joints started really hurting. Tried different boots, rubber mats with no help. I was taking a lot of ibuprofen just to get the work done. Then i started taking Glucosamine and it really helped me and a few of the other people i know with joint pain.
this works like grease in a bearing i do this everyday

A bunch of guys at work take deer antler velvet spray and some take pill form. They all swear by it.

blacksheep10 said:
I take the liquid glucosamine since my knee surgeries, it works. There is some joint stuff at my buddy's gym that he takes that he swears is better than the glucosamine that he turned me onto.

So I take it you can get it in liquid or pill form? About how much a day are yall using?

It's crazy, today has not been bad at all....been working all day and feel like I could work another shift without even taking anything. But yesterday was ROUGH! I could hardly walk all day, ain't hurt that bad in a LONG TIME. When I got home from work last night, damn knee was still hurtin just sittin in the recliner.

I figure I'm gonna have some real awesome problems when I get older :****:

Me and my wife are independent distributors for "It Works" Global.....have an amazing suppliment called "Relief" that works on joint health and pain,all natural...no synthetics and also have a wrap that helps with inflamation and swelling.If interested pm me ....Thanks

98TJ said:
I thought that glucosamine/chondroitin **** was all hype until I tried it. It has definately helped my knee pain.

Same here only 29 but works after my left knee surgery and like u JD since I got off prescription pain meds its the only other thing I found that helps takes a week or start helping tho but it does work

I was taking glucosamine and stop because it wasn't doing much 4 me and started taking fish oil it works great. I'm 32 and its goin to sux when we all get old

payne97 said:
I was taking glucosamine and stop because it wasn't doing much 4 me and started taking fish oil it works great. I'm 32 and its goin to sux when we all get old

You ain't kidding bro sound like were 50 now molaugh

Re: Re: What do you old fawkers use for joint pain?

Picked up a bottle of fish oil gel caps and a bottle of Glucosamine Chondroitin tonight after work. No more Ibuprofen for me unless it gets so bad I can't stand it...maybe it works ;D

Re: Re: What do you old fawkers use for joint pain?

TacomaJD said:
Picked up a bottle of fish oil gel caps and a bottle of Glucosamine Chondroitin tonight after work. No more Ibuprofen for me unless it gets so bad I can't stand it...maybe it works ;D

Been taking the Glucosamine once a day at least and sometimes twice a day when I can remember to. Fish Oil pills once a day most of the time, unless I randomly decide to skip a day. I don't have to take Ibuprofen anymore, so this stuff works! The only time I will take an Ibuprofen is maybe the morning of a day I'm gonna be wheeling bc it's rough on my ankle and knees treading across crappy terrain in the woods....more of a preventive measure than a necessity. Definitely glad I tried the Glucosamine Chondroitin, it's good stuff!

[size=10pt]Biweekly injection of Humira now keeps me out of arm braces and pain free in the winters. Warm tropical trips during the winter help a bunch too.[ /size][size=10pt][/size]