• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do you put on your end?

skipnrocks

I am cutting my supplied electrical lines for my winch to length and just curious what people use for the ends? I have used the big copper crimp on ends before but they seem not fantastic for trail application?!

I have never seen those crimpers. Thats why I always avoided them I end up putting it in the vice and hitting it with a punch and sledge to get a good squeeze. I looked at some at home depot that had a screw clamp for the electrical line.

Slightly off topic but what guage are the heavy wires that run to the winch from the controller and the heavier line that runs to the battery?

SBJeepn said:
I have never seen those crimpers. Thats why I always avoided them I end up putting it in the vice and hitting it with a punch and sledge to get a good squeeze. I looked at some at home depot that had a screw clamp for the electrical line.

Slightly off topic but what guage are the heavy wires that run to the winch from the controller and the heavier line that runs to the battery?

The crimper works really well for the price. It crimps the lug in a hexagon shape around the cable and it won't come off.

I think the main power wire is #2 AWG. I buy welding cable from the local welding supply house usually.

I have used the copper lugs. I put them in the vice, heat them with a propane torch and fill them up with solder, them stick the wire in and hold for a few seconds until it has hardened. :JRich: Cheap and functional, but I will be buying a crimp tool in the future.