Votes: 28 28.9%
  • Yugo

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Bewbers, Pizza AND Beer

Votes: 6 6.2%

• Total voters

Symon623

Its a Hybrid
Right now I have a 02 GMC Sierra 2500 HD CC SB 6.0. I love this truck. It's gettin up there in miles but it's paid off. I am a die hard GM fan but teh Duramax/Allisons are a little out of my budget to remain out of payments. What ever I get will be my DD so I want to stay with an AT.

Please tell us;
What you got (Describe like I did above)
What trans?
4x4?
Ever really needed 4x4?
Carry a camper?
How much total towing weight?
Speed up Snoqualmie or White pass loaded?
Avg empty fuel economy empty? Loaded? ( I know this is in another thread.)

Also can you throw in a little about what you dislike about your current tow rig?

Or should I rebuild my junk and put a Magnacharger on it?

Lets keep teh Camels out of this...... Unless you got pics of course. :redneck:

Here's a a couple of pics;
Rimroad4_306.jpg

truckwheels2_1007.jpg

Last edited:
05 quadcab 4x4 ctd 6 speed manual towing 7000 lb plus trlr queen 2000 lb trlr getting 16-17 per gallon if i keep my foot out of it

Well seems how you left out toyta i voted for pizza bewbers and beer

i tow with an:
07' Tundra
5.7L
6 speed auto with tow mode
have to borrow trailers now cause i cant afford one right now

got 13 miles to the gallon towing my pile and trailer

Please tell us;
What you got 07 Dodge quadcab long bed 4x4 5.9 CTD
What trans? 6 speed
4x4? of course
Ever really needed 4x4? yep
Carry a camper? nope
How much total towing weight? About 6500#
Speed up Snoqualmie or White pass loaded? never been, I live in the correct side
Avg empty fuel economy empty? Loaded? ( I know this is in another thread.) 17-18, 15.

Also can you throw in a little about what you dislike about your current tow rig? Love it. Could use more back seat room though. Maybe I should have went with the megacab.

What you got Well I am feeling left out, with all these new rigs, I still have '87 Ford F350 6.9L stanard cab, 340K miles

What trans? 4 speed manual

4x4? Yes

Ever really needed 4x4? Sure

Carry a camper? Yes

How much total towing weight? Not sure

Speed up Snoqualmie or White pass loaded? 25mph in 2nd gear, on the floor.

Avg empty fuel economy empty? Loaded? I have gotten 19 empty, loaded I not sure, but I know it is not good, 12-13 maybe.

What you got? 1997 CTD,dually,
What trans? 5-speed
4x4? yes
Ever really needed 4x4? yes
Carry a camper? yes
How much total towing weight? 8-12k
Speed up Snoqualmie loaded? 75+
Avg empty fuel economy empty?18-20 Loaded? 12-14

01 dodge ram 3500
quad cab
4x4
5speed
hauls 9 foot camper loaded weighs 1150lbs, with trailer and toy it weighs in at 1790lbs.

fuel mileage has greatly increased since the new vp44 injection pump and the edge comp box, also got a 4" turbo back exhaust and a cold air intake. I'm now @ 18mph unloaded, haven't towed much with the new injection pump, and all the other goodys. only thing it doesn't have that i want is a spray in bed liner.

IMG_5673.jpg

2000 Dodge Ram 3500 quad cab Cummins currently at 104K. Full BD Auto, Edge Comp, yadda yadda...

Yes the 4x4 has come in handy and will again

DSC00082.jpg

Carry a camper? I don't carry a camper yet but very well may at some point in the coming years.

How much total towing weight? Prolly pulling about 6-7K rig/trailer

Speed up Snoqualmie or White pass loaded? Absofrickenlutely :awesomework:

Avg empty fuel economy empty? Loaded? ( I know this is in another thread.) 16-17 empty, 14-15 loaded with my foot in it

Also can you throw in a little about what you dislike about your current tow rig? Would love a true 4 door. Also can't wait to upgrade steering components :redneck:

What you got 98 Ram diesel (like no one knew that)
What trans? 5 speed
4x4? Of course
Ever really needed 4x4? many times
Carry a camper? Soon I hope
How much total towing weight? anything from 2-14k trailer weights
Speed up Snoqualmie or White pass loaded?I do the speed limit +, but it gets toasty since I have way too much fuel
Avg empty fuel economy empty? Loaded? 18 now, 21-22 with the smaller tires (285/75/16's), Only time I checked towing weight was with the 14k trailer (total was 22k), 10.6 mpg, but I was doing 80 (didn't realize my speedo was that far off)

Also can you throw in a little about what you dislike about your current tow rig?[/B] I have tons I want to change, but it's that way with any vehicle for me. Slightly modded 3rd gen Ram or a Dmax are hard to beat for a comfy, smooth, quiet, powerful tow rig/driver. Oh and I want an auto :redneck:

Last edited:
Please tell us;
What you got (Describe like I did above) 2007.5 Dodge Ram 3500 QuadCab 6 foot bed, SRW

What trans? 6-speed Auto

4x4? Ofcourse

Ever really needed 4x4? Yes, I've already gotten it stuck in the snow and had to be pulled out. :looser:

Carry a camper? Not yet but I plan on it.

How much total towing weight? 6,000-7,000, never really weighted it

Speed up Snoqualmie or White pass loaded? Havn't done it yet, but I will be real supprised if I can't do it at speed.

Avg empty fuel economy empty? Loaded? ( I know this is in another thread.) Unloaded my lowest is 15, highest is 19. I've never towed a compete tank so not sure yet what it gets towing.

Things I dislike: The Particle filter, really the whole emissions system. Luckaly there is now an aftermarket 5 inch turbo back exhaust for it that gets rid of all that crap. I havn't gotten it yet though.

Things I like: Plenty of power right from the factory, and more is just a programer away. factory exhaust brake to keep you speed down when going down hill, 34 gallon fuel tank even though it is a short bed.

Last edited:
What you got: 1997 Jeep ZJ. 1/4 ton. 318 V8 (Yes, I am retarded, and need a bigger truck)
What trans: Auto.
4x4: Yesssir. AWD at that.
Ever really needed 4x4? Yessir, it spun the bald ass tires on wet pavement trying to pull the trailer from a stop up a grade.
Carry a camper: Nope, but with an air mattress in the back it becomes my craftmatic adjustable Jeep.
How much total towing weight: ~6000LBs Jeep on Trailer.
Speed up Snoqualmie or White pass loaded: Never done those with it, but up grants pass to the rubicon, it can hang at 55mph around 4K RPM in second gear. More if I wanted to, but I try to take it easy on the thing.
Avg empty fuel economy empty? Loaded? : Empty around 17 City, 21 Hwy. Loaded about 13.

Things I like: It's mighty comfy. And can surprisingly pull the jeep just fine. And it's small too. Easy to fit in the mall parking lot.

Things I dislike: 1/4ton drivetrain. Towing on windy mountain roads. It just doesn't have the ass. And when I say windy. I mean "whine-dee"

frontfriverglarerh9.jpg

Last edited:
Well seems how you left out toyta i voted for pizza bewbers and beer

i tow with an:
07' Tundra
5.7L
6 speed auto with tow mode
have to borrow trailers now cause i cant afford one right now

got 13 miles to the gallon towing my pile and trailer

Toyota doesn't make a

What I have

06 Dodge CTD, longbox, quadcab,Bighorn.
Auto trans(48RE)
4x4 dont use it very often, but when I need it I am glad I have it,
Routinly tow 6500lbs, gets 15-16mpg hand calc,
Running empty on the freeway(65-70) gets 22-24mpg hand calc,
Mixed driving usually nets 17-18mpg hand calc,
What I love about the truck is its comfort, ease of driving while towing, and with the 4 wheel dics brakes I can stop on a dime. The only thing I would have changed is I should have bought the Mega cab for the enormous back seating area, BUT I thought I would buy a camper so I needed the longbox. I am very happy with this truck.:D

What you got (Describe like I did above)
2000 F250 crew cab 7.3 auto 195,000 miles.
What trans?
4R100 auto
4x4?
yes
Ever really needed 4x4?
yes
Carry a camper?
no
How much total towing weight?
Trailer is about 7000 lbs
Speed up Snoqualmie or White pass loaded?
Fast as I want to go.
Avg empty fuel economy empty? Loaded? ( I know this is in another thread.)
Honestly not real sure but it varies greatly.
Also can you throw in a little about what you dislike about your current tow rig?
I love my truck just like it is but miles are creeping up so I find myself driving it easier these days to hopefully make it last longer.

o and i mist say that toyota pulls like a bat outa hell:awesomework:

ask dain bramage passed his butt on the way up stevens pass doing 75+:cool:

'07 Dodge Cab and Chassis, 6.7 Cummins, 6-speed
4x4-I use it occasionally
Truck and trailer (mini-excavator) 24,500 lbs 8-10 mpg
Empty-9,500 lbs 13-14 mpg
I went over snoqualmie with the set up in the picture and was in 5th most of the way, and never got under 55 mph.

Misc002.jpg