• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What does your wife drive?

Bigred350

In the market for used full size SUV. Need to be able to pull the ski boat.

Top of our list is Yukon or Yukon xl. I know plenty about these.

Does anyone have and experience with Toyota Sequoia or Nissan Armada?
3rd row and DVD player are on the needed list for the kids.

What y'all drive or have opinions on????

I am working for a guy who works for Nissan and has had his wife in about 6 armadas and one qx80 (10 month lease employee program). He is leaving the company but still bought a new armada to put her in when he leaves.

He spoke highly enough of them that I went out and bought a Titan xd with the same 5.6 V8.

Other than that, my wife is in a 2011 4Runner (I know that doesn't fit your needs) and loves it. 10k mile oil change intervals and Toyota quality means we will likely never do anything to it but tires and a rare oil change.

2016 Chevy Tahoe LTZ...... awesome ride down the rough ass Alabama roads and has a ton of interior room for traveling or hauling supplies to her gym !

2016 honda polit get 25mpg around town and she can't drive at all. The gas pedal is on or off no in between.

It's takes fuel to feed power....that being said Melanie's gets about 12mpg which isn't much difference in the 15mpgthat Tahoe's actually get. And the armadas have alot more room than a Tahoe. The only complaint I have with hers is that it eats tires....the rear has to be aligned about every three tire rotations but I think that has been fixed on the newer ones. I'm a fan of the newer ones that look like infinities although if we were looking for a new car I would probably try to find a Sequoya

2010 MBZ E55 AMG grocery getter. It's definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing and still gets almost 30mpg with HER driving. molaugh

The 2010-2013 Armada/QX56 have timing chain issues, I put an engine in one under warranty around 2012 before Infiniti came out with a chain/ tensioner/oiler fix for them. They have a ton of power and are super nice but I don't really care for them. No real difference than the 07-14? GM truck engine issues I guess, I would still rather have a Yukon. Newer Sequoias are really nice as well, I'd drive one of those. I want my wife in a Yukon or Tahoe, but she says they are too big for her and she likes her 10 Altima coupe...that we almost can't even get groceries in cause the trunk is so small. ::)

grcthird said:
I want my wife in a Yukon or Tahoe, but she says they are too big for her and she likes her 10 Altima coupe...that we almost can't even get groceries in cause the trunk is so small. ::)

My wife was the same way. She had a Regal, Cutlass, IROC-Z, Monte Carlo SS, and a couple of Maximas. Then reluctantly switched to an Xterra because of hauling kids. Now an Armada which she likes better than anything she has ever owned. She doesn't like cars now.