• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What is the best programmer for a 2012 Cummins non HO

If your 03 Dmax pulls as good as your new Dodge, then you have a turd my friend. I have had an 07 and 08 Dmax and yes they will outrun my new 2012 Dodge, but hard pulls up Black mountain grossing 22-23k, my Cummins just runs and doesn't bog at all. Dmax pulling same thing was in passing gear tacked out.

How many miles do you have on the truck? Mine showed a noticeable bump in power and mileage around 70-80k. And I pull HEAVY.

ElkyRacer said:
How many miles do you have on the truck? Mine showed a noticeable bump in power and mileage around 70-80k. And I pull HEAVY.
5000 I cant stand it that long !!

Any of yall ever been told by H-S that they can only tune a specific transmission that are in the 2012 Dodge's they said that the trucks come with two different transmissions in them ? I had to call the dealer and give them the VIN to ID the trans that I have and as my luck runs I have the trans that they cant do the tune on whats up with this do any of you that are running the H-S trans tune know anything about this or ever heard this before ?

They are probably talking about the difference in a 2500/3500 vs. CC. One uses an Aisin transmission, the other uses a Chryler 68RE? If you are running a CC truck with the Aisin tranny, the engine is detuned from the factory and the tranny is supposed to be a little heavier duty. Not sure which one is the one they can tune for though.

Yup, aisin comes in the CC trucks. They last forever when the truck is left stock. They don't when modded. That's why H&S won't offer the same power levels as the pickups or any trans tuning.

sqrl$$ said:
They are probably talking about the difference in a 2500/3500 vs. CC. One uses an Aisin transmission, the other uses a Chryler 68RE? If you are running a CC truck with the Aisin tranny, the engine is detuned from the factory and the tranny is supposed to be a little heavier duty. Not sure which one is the one they can tune for though.
According to the dealer and my VIN # my truck has the AS68RC transmission option code DG3 according to H-S they dont make any tunes for it ?

ALLJ said:
According to the dealer and my VIN # my truck has the AS68RC transmission option code DG3 according to H-S they dont make any tunes for it ?

Does it have a pickup bed? If it does unless it was a custom aftermarket mounted pickup bed, it's not going to have the as68rc. Does the truck have urea? If it doesn't its not a cab and chassis and won't have the same trans.

ElkyRacer said:
Does it have a pickup bed? If it does unless it was a custom aftermarket mounted pickup bed, it's not going to have the as68rc. Does the truck have urea? If it doesn't its not a cab and chassis and won't have the same trans.
No pickup bed it is a 3500 cab and chassis 4x4 has a 12ft dump bed on it. It does have the DEF

Re: Re: What is the best programmer for a 2012 Cummins non HO

I'd get a duramax 06-07 lbz alli, EFILive w/ DSP5, ATP tuning by "Idaho Rob".

ALLJ said:
No pickup bed it is a 3500 cab and chassis 4x4 has a 12ft dump bed on it. It does have the DEF

That makes all the difference in the world! Yup, no one does any tuning on those transmissions. And they don't handle a lot more power either, that's why the tuners won't offer the same power levels as the pickups. But they will last literally forever if run on stock or just above stock power!

Re: Re: What is the best programmer for a 2012 Cummins non HO

TBItoy said:
I'd get a duramax 06-07 lbz alli, EFILive w/ DSP5, ATP tuning by "Idaho Rob".
Got a 03 D-Max bought this new dodge and we are trying to get it to pull like the DMax if the decision was mine we would have bought a new DMax !!

ElkyRacer said:
That makes all the difference in the world! Yup, no one does any tuning on those transmissions. And they don't handle a lot more power either, that's why the tuners won't offer the same power levels as the pickups. But they will last literally forever if run on stock or just above stock power!
Got the H-S stuff on order now gonna do the deletes also and set it at a low or mild setting we are not to worried about the tranny its not like we are going to be drag racing or hot rodding it we gonna try it and see what happens I guess

ALLJ said:
Got the H-S stuff on order now gonna do the deletes also and set it at a low or mild setting we are not to worried about the tranny its not like we are going to be drag racing or hot rodding it we gonna try it and see what happens I guess

Low or mild will be fine. Tow/haul really helps the shifting when loaded so the trans doesn't shift so soft/slip in shifts.

H&S vote here, but get the trans software! I'm about to delete my 2011 dodge 6.7 auto and have a 5" exhaust, EGR delete etc all sitting in garage waiting, can't wait

TN-CTD said:
H&S vote here, but get the trans software! I'm about to delete my 2011 dodge 6.7 auto and have a 5" exhaust, EGR delete etc all sitting in garage waiting, can't wait
H-S does not make a tuner for the trans in the cab and chassis which is what I have I got a call yesterday all of the parts are in I am going to do the deletes we will see how much difference it makes

Got the truck back yesterday from having the H-S installed along with the deletes I have to say it runs pretty good and feels alot better the test will come with the goosneck and tractor behind it. I got a question about the tuner for those of you that are running them when or if the power setting is changed do any of you fool with the injector setting or let it stay at the default number 3 position ?

I have yet to mess with the timing on mine. From what I've read the default isn't stock timing. More like 1 for stock.

Hmm ok that may be true the little handbook is not real clear on that point

Latest posts