• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What is the best programmer for a 2012 Cummins non HO

Just installed the H&S with deletes on my 12. Its a huge improvement over stock, but still doesnt even come close the Fords with the same set up. Havent driven it enough to know what the mpg will be, but in stock form on
35s it was getting 13-15 highway.

FroggF350 said:
Its 60 highway miles from my house to work, and it got 20.01 mpg! :dblthumb:
What setting are you running in the H-S ? Mild - Wild - or Hot ? just curious I have been playing around with all 3 ours is set on Hot now

If you got 20.1 with it set on Hot Im gonna leave mine set there and see what it will do on milage

Eddyj said:
Is there a good shop to deal with in Birmingham? And are you guys pulling the cat?
Not sure how far it is for you to Bremen GA, but the shop i used there is the best diesel mechanic and performance shop ive ever delt with. They have replaced transmissions engines and axles in trucks ive owned and lots of other mechanic work ive needed done. Randy Priest is the owner. Pm me for his number if you need any work done. His shop is about 10-15 minutes from James O'Neal Dodge.

Re: Re: Re: What is the best programmer for a 2012 Cummins non HO

FroggF350 said:
Just installed the H&S with deletes on my 12. Its a huge improvement over stock, but still doesnt even come close the Fords with the same set up. Havent driven it enough to know what the mpg will be, but in stock form on
35s it was getting 13-15 highway.

I have a 6.4 with an h&s tuner, mbrp exhaust, and s&b intake. On 35's, cc flat out gets it. I haven't ran 300 hp option yet but the 250 hp is fun. I have the factory warranty till February and after that I'll probably but some head studs in for peace of mind while playing with that tuner.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Eddyj said:
Is there a good shop to deal with in Birmingham? And are you guys pulling the cat?
I did all the deletes on our 2012 cab and chassis EGR - DEF fliud and did air intake

Im interested to see the results of the deletes on youre 2012 cab and chassis. I have a 2011 cab and chassis (5500), ive done thhe deletes and air box . But no real fuel milage rsults like i was hoping for. Truck runs much better , on all three settings but fuel milage sucks!

Re: Re: Re: What is the best programmer for a 2012 Cummins non HO

Mortalis5509 said:
I have a 6.4 with an h&s tuner, mbrp exhaust, and s&b intake. On 35's, cc flat out gets it. I haven't ran 300 hp option yet but the 250 hp is fun. I have the factory warranty till February and after that I'll probably but some head studs in for peace of mind while playing with that tuner.

What kind of fuel milage are you getting?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What is the best programmer for a 2012 Cummins non HO

ibrokeit said:
What kind of fuel milage are you getting?

The lie o meter says 14.4 in town. I have it in a dd rotation with a jeep and motorcycle which I usually end up towing something before I finish the tank. I need to hand calculate and at some point I wonder what it does unloaded on the highway.

kturner said:
Im interested to see the results of the deletes on youre 2012 cab and chassis. I have a 2011 cab and chassis (5500), ive done thhe deletes and air box . But no real fuel milage rsults like i was hoping for. Truck runs much better , on all three settings but fuel milage sucks!
I hear ya we have only ran about 2 tanks thru it so far I will get some real numbers together and let you know I have a friend with a 5500 also and if I am correct you have the HO motor ? which may use more fuel anyway mine is the non HO in a 3500 it may not get alot better milage after all the deletes and programmer but at least it pulls alot better it was a TURD and I was :puke:

To all of you that may not already know I just read a press release from H-S they are suspending production of the tuners and the EGR and DEF delete products due to a bunch of goverment bull crap looks like I got mine installed just in time http://www.hsperformance.com/press-release/

This has been coming for a while now. Several of the others have had the same issues in the past year.

It is concerning for several reasons. One being the the fact H & S has your VIN number on file and I am sure there is nothing but an easily obtainable court judgment stopping the government from acessing these records and throwing the fines right on down to the end user.

Latest posts